• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

BE on 1 metre lead pipe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve0930
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject: BE on 1 metre lead pipe Reply with quote

hello fellow Trumpet players
My first post so I thought what can I honestly contribute that has not already been said!

I have been playing trumpet for 1290 days. I am 56 yrs old. I love the trumpet. (I have only two regrets in life, that my wife never met my Dad and I didn't discover the trumpet all those years ago.) One trumpet lesson in my life - with KO (zoom ) last Friday - he was marvelous . kickstarted - or should I say ZIPstarted my own personal personal BE adventure. (which I discovered 10 days ago)
Already results.. 3 days ago i was able to play a top of staff G with zero effort. It felt like magic. BE has given me a new benchmark for effortless note production.

So to: The WINCHESTER - this is what i call my 5e 1 metre long (diameter of little finger) metal pipe that you can purchase from any hardware store! 10 minutes ago I christened it to BE.. roll ins and roll outs.. the pedal tones harder than normal trumpet.. then back to the trumpet.. and yep .. tone and effort free improvement. This is what i like about BE.. you don't have to understand how they do it.. just throw the lips in the deep end - put them out of their comfort zone and see them swim.

But I a have a lot of catching up to do back reading posts.. so far I am in April 2004 on this forum.. so many ideas to hoover up. (Thank you Bert who in 04 suggested kiss lips out then roll in to get clamp set up.. )

Stay safe Steve
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, why are you using an external device, one that BTW may not fit your mouthpiece size, and just not use the horn? If you're open to Skype lessons, why not a lesson with Jeff and ask him about the pipe?

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
steve0930
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 3:29 am    Post subject: BE Ugly = Beautiful Reply with quote

Hi kehaulani
And thanks for replying.. I have been reading your posts back in 2003 already - you are one of the BE Custodians !

When I read your posts my first reaction was Relief!! You could have said "yeah yeah.. catch up Steve.. we went through this very topic 4 years ago in the forum..."

What intrigues me about BE is its contradictions, practise ugly.. sound beautiful. You say my mp is unlikely to properly fit my Winchester (the 1 metre pipe) as if that's a bad thing. In 10 days BE has taken me from "confounded lips" to "confound the lips!" Thank you Jeff!

Of course the "proof is in the pudding" as my Grandmother would say. For 5e you can try it out and I guess you will notice one of three scenarios..

As to why "outside the horn" I'm sure you too have read Jonathan Livingston Seagull. "No limits", even a readiness to leave "the flock" in order to challenge conventional norms - isn't that the appeal of BE?

thanks again for replying, Steve
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve - I think you better talk to Jeff.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: