• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

"Fun for Three" by Cohen

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonOwens

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: "Fun for Three" by Cohen Reply with quote

I recently have become nostalgic over the various solos and ensembles I played in high school in the early to mid 1970's, I want to record all of them in my "home studio" using my digital multi-track recorder.

I have obtained them all except one, which is out of print and apparently out of stock everywhere. I think my last resort is to find a school library that has it and purchase it from them.

So, I am desperately seeking any assistance in finding "Fun for Three" by Cohen. It is a trumpet trio. I don't recall if this one had a piano accompaniment or not. It is not particularly difficult, but is just a fun piece and nostalgic for me since I played it with a couple high school buddies.

Any help is tremendously appreciated. Please email to DonOwens@fastmail.com
DonOwens

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject: Still looking for "Fun for Three" Reply with quote

Wow. No responses. Am I in the right forum? I thought sure this would be the site where I would receive some assistance in my quest. Are there any HS music teachers out there that might have "Fun for Three" in your school's library?

I can't believe the publishers just let these musical works, for all practical purposes, vanish forever. In this digital age, I would think that if they don't want to do any more printings, they could place them in a digital download category. That way, the music is still available and the publisher would still receive some revenue from it. And it would be all profit, since no printing costs are involved.

I'm baffled by this. Maybe Beethoven and Mozart should go out of print as well. Why not? Hmmph.

But seriously, I am really desperate to obtain this piece, Fun for Three. And I am willing to purchase it, I am not looking for anything pirated.
Arranger-Transcriber
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject: "Fun for Three," Cohen Reply with quote

Can help. Sent you a private message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: