• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Searching for screamer take on popular tunes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dkjcliff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: Searching for screamer take on popular tunes Reply with quote

When I was in high school in the 90's, a friend let me borrow a CD that I think came with some computer software he purchased, funny enough. It was a big band playing a handful of popular jazz and pop tunes. The trumpet section was unbelievable. It sounded like each one of them could have played lead in any of the best bands. In recent years I've searched online for this recording or any info about it, but I've come up empty. It didn't sound to me like a Maynard band. It had a very polished studio sound. In terms of the track listing, I only remember that it had two or three Journey songs, Don't Stop Believing being one of them.

Does anyone know anything about this recording?
Pete
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might possibly be the Paul Cacia recording "Quantum Leap" . It had a medley of Journey tunes on it along with "Eye of the Tiger" , "The James Bond Medley", etc. Trumpets are: Charlie Davis, Rick Baptist, Joe Davis, Pierre Michelou and John Madrid with Paul playing the solo stuff. It was recorded in 1987.

https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Leap-Paul-Cacia-Orchestra/dp/B000HA42TS/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&hvadid=78408975957755&hvbmt=bp&hvdev=c&hvqmt=p&keywords=paul+cacia&qid=1591819509&sr=8-3&tag=mh0b-20

Pete
Dkjcliff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's it. Thanks!
Listening to it takes me right back to high school. Great band over all - very tight. The arrangements are also great. A bit over the top, but I thoroughly enjoy it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: