• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet Dual Case Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel11

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject: Trumpet Dual Case Help Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can find a dual case for trumpet that also fits a alto or soprano saxophone together in one case?

I am looking to make it easier to travel instead of bringing two and sometimes three separate cases for trumpet and saxophone.

any help is appreciated.
Joelgarcia.org

Last edited by Joel11 on Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:40 am; edited 2 times in total
bixtone
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly Michael Manning at Manning Custom.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's your budget and are you planning on carrying that thing around?
You can get Anvil Cases to custom make one for you. It will likely be heavy but you can get a custom case with wheels on it. https://www.calzoneandanvil.com/

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not the sort of combo that you will find a factory case for. You'll have to explore the custom options that the other posters have mentioned.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joel11 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find a dual case for trumpet that also fits a alto or soprano saxophone together in one case?

I am looking to make it easier to travel instead of bringing two and sometimes three separate cases for trumpet and saxophone.

any help is appreciated.

It may be different for you, but I bought a 2-trumpet case a few years ago thinking it'd save me the hassle of having to carry an extra bag. Surely, my mutes and stand fitted inside (barely) but I noticed I wound up carrying a backpack for uniform/dinner/sheet music/etc. anyway. Being a 2 instrument case, it's often bigger than I'd like when carrying it around and I still carry extra stuff (especially when I also bring my French horn).

So in my case (pun happy accident), I've downsized to a minimalistic 1 trumpet case and I'll carry whatever extra stuff I need seperately. 2-3 smaller bags are easier to carry than 1 big one in my opinion, and you can leave them at home when you don't need them.

kehaulani wrote:
What's your budget and are you planning on carrying that thing around?
You can get Anvil Cases to custom make one for you. It will likely be heavy but you can get a custom case with wheels on it. https://www.calzoneandanvil.com/

This is excellent advice. If you're gonna spend a lot of cash on a custom case, you'll want to be able to use it for as long as possible. It may not be heavy now, but with wheels it'll be future proof.
mafields627
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider making your own case out of a Pelican Case.

No representation is made that the quality of this post is greater than the quality of that of any other poster. Oh, and get a teacher!
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibidogrulez wrote:
It may be different for you, but I bought a 2-trumpet case a few years ago thinking it'd save me the hassle of having to carry an extra bag. Surely, my mutes and stand fitted inside (barely) but I noticed I wound up carrying a backpack for uniform/dinner/sheet music/etc. anyway. Being a 2 instrument case, it's often bigger than I'd like when carrying it around and I still carry extra stuff (especially when I also bring my French horn).

For times a bag will suffice. It's truly stunning how much you can fit onto a Protec super triple bag.
Main Compartment
- 3 horns with stands
- Polishing cloth
Mute Compartment
- Pile of mutes (5-6)
Front Compartment
- 3 mouthpieces
- Valve oils, slide greases, silver polish
Rear Compartment
- Water Bottle
- Mouthpiece case with extra slides for the picc
- Felt bags
- Practice mute
Side Compartment
- Pencils/pens
- Stand lights
- Lots of music with dividers
- Clips to hold down music
- Mute holders

Won't help with either an alto sax or a French horn, but I did succeed in reducing 4-5 cases down to one for the vast majority of my playing.

I agree that a Anvil or Pelican customization case is bound to be the best option that doesn't require paying someone to build you an entirely custom case.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
THE BD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.protecstyle.com/ALTO-SOPRANO-SAXOPHONE-COMBINATION-PRO-PAC-CASE-W-WHEELS

You won't find a case that also holds trumpet without going full on custom. Also be wary that will be one HEAVY case with 3 horns in there!

Yeah, I did that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: