• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Modern Couesnon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Modern Couesnon Reply with quote

Does anyone know the best way to acquire one of the modern Flugels that Couesnon offers? I hear they are still pumping out horns.

And yes....I could just email them on their website. I get that, I know that part. I've actually never seen one for sale or posted anywhere. I only see the older stuff from the 70s and below.

Last edited by theslawdawg on Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shawnino
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reach out to them directly. That's how they sell.
They don't make that many, and what they do make is sought after in Japan.

Spoke with a guy who gigged one...very likely a good horn but he struck me as the calibre of player who would make a kazoo sound good. His impression was that it was a sideline for them vs. their percussion business.
Voltrane
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

As may be you know, current Couesnon is not completely Couesnon. After the fire disaster, some ex-workers from Couesnon created PGM, bought the Brand Couesnon and some surviving tools from the late company. That is why their brand is PGM-Couesnon. Never played one, so I do not know anything about the qualities.
That said, you can find Couesnon flugs for sale here :
http://www.feelingmusique.com/index.php?th=770&p=1&motcle=Bugle

Feeling is a big music store in Paris and I do not doubt they can help you and ship to Hawaï from Paris (and speak English!)
Regards
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voltrane wrote:
Hello,

As may be you know, current Couesnon is not completely Couesnon. After the fire disaster, some ex-workers from Couesnon created PGM, bought the Brand Couesnon and some surviving tools from the late company. That is why their brand is PGM-Couesnon. Never played one, so I do not know anything about the qualities.
That said, you can find Couesnon flugs for sale here :
http://www.feelingmusique.com/index.php?th=770&p=1&motcle=Bugle

Feeling is a big music store in Paris and I do not doubt they can help you and ship to Hawaï from Paris (and speak English!)
Regards

Voltrane, Merci beaucoup pour l'information. Soyez en sécurité et bien. Tout le meilleur, Jr
hothouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Martin Böhme built a Couesnon-like flugelhorn (Nubes Septem), that horn is really incredibly great!
http://klangwerkstatt-boehme.de/en/home-2
The horn is easy to play (MAW-Valves), absoltuley in tune, very easy to hold in hand, the tone is malleable (owner of a Couesnon hirn love this) and focused.

In a few weeks a get a Böhme Schnaffhorn Flugelhorn, and for this hirn i've sold my Inderbinen Wood! That says it all...
Voltrane
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@theslawdawg: you too
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hothouse wrote:
Hello,

Martin Böhme built a Couesnon-like flugelhorn (Nubes Septem), that horn is really incredibly great!
http://klangwerkstatt-boehme.de/en/home-2
The horn is easy to play (MAW-Valves), absoltuley in tune, very easy to hold in hand, the tone is malleable (owner of a Couesnon hirn love this) and focused.

In a few weeks a get a Böhme Schnaffhorn Flugelhorn, and for this hirn i've sold my Inderbinen Wood! That says it all...

Sold the Inderbinen?! Please send us a review when you are ready of the new horn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: