• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New user, 1st post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nealhundt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:46 am    Post subject: New user, 1st post Reply with quote

Ew user: I am required to post to a forum before I can place an ad in the Marketplace to sell my daughter’s Yamaha Pro trumpet. 😁
jondrowjf@gmail.com
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. What trumpets do you play?
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are. If I'm not mistaking, the minimum is five. And they should be reasonably substantial. The goal is to involve people in the forum on its own value and not just as a place to sell equipment.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Croquethed
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Neal,

If all you want to do is sell a horn, I know that both Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace alert me to more horns nearby than TH. I am in the Waterbury area and, while I have seen a couple horns here that were within driving (and thereby tryout) distance, you might get more interest through those "local" pages. I was able to assess two Getzens through Facebook because I could drive to play them. One was overpriced, had red rot, and obviously hadn't been out of its case in 20 years. The other was a reasonable deal on a classic horn.

Good luck.
nealhundt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi- I don’t play the trumpet, but my band director at Ardsley High school, NY, was quite a trumpeter. His name was Joe Greco. I used to play clarinet. I got into bluegrass and picked up the banjo. I was a member of The Cotton Valley Boys on St. Croix in 1979. We would play in bars for drinks. Today, I play the radio and recorded music.

I posted my daughter’s horn on FB mktplace, CL, and eBay. Not even an inquiry or a nibble. Since I have a good quality horn to sell (Yamaha YTR-6335S Professional Trumpet) I thought TH might be a place for serious buyers that know their stuff. I am not looking to sell anything more, nor am I looking to create a musical instrument business outlet on TH. I will respect whatever rules that govern this website and decision that your webmaster or moderator makes regarding my wish to post one trumpet on your mktplace.

Thanks for the consideration.

Sincerely,
Neal Hundt
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
Yes you are. If I'm not mistaking, the minimum is five. And they should be reasonably substantial. The goal is to involve people in the forum on its own value and not just as a place to sell equipment.

Hey Kehaulani, this was recently changed just to one post. Five became self-defeating.

-td
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am not looking to sell anything more, nor am I looking to create a musical instrument business outlet on TH. I will respect whatever rules that govern this website and decision that your webmaster or moderator makes regarding my wish to post one trumpet on your mktplace.

Of course, no problem. If you did establish a outlet, that would be fine too! You wouldn't be the first!

-td
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetherald wrote:
Hey Kehaulani, this was recently changed just to one post. Five became self-defeating.

Well one post even makes more sense, LOL.

But this thing has gone around the block a number of times, so I really don't care anymore.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: