• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Experiences with mouthpieces...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bryant Jordan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:45 am    Post subject: Experiences with mouthpieces... Reply with quote

Hey!

Just wondering, has anyone played the Best Brass Groove Series pieces, or the Schagerl Apredato pieces and would like to share their experiences? Just curious about them.

Thanks!
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until recently I played the Best Brass Groove 7E. I wrote a review about it. It was a very peculiar mouthpiece and I liked it a lot, but I'd recommend to try before you buy as it was very shallow, almost 'flat'.
Bryant Jordan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibidogrulez wrote:
Until recently I played the Best Brass Groove 7E. I wrote a review about it. It was a very peculiar mouthpiece and I liked it a lot, but I'd recommend to try before you buy as it was very shallow, almost 'flat'.

Read your review. Thanks for the info! I’ll try one when I get the chance. Also, I saw you play an AR Resonance MC 40. I have one coming in the mail, the top made of Bronze. How has your experience been with it?
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryant Jordan wrote:
Read your review. Thanks for the info! I’ll try one when I get the chance. Also, I saw you play an AR Resonance MC 40. I have one coming in the mail, the top made of Bronze. How has your experience been with it?

In one word...fantastic. With other mouthpieces, I had to do side by side comparisons for my family to let them hear the difference. With these, they instantly noticed when I started playing.

I've had the luxury of being able to try them at a local store before buying. The first thing I noticed was how well the notes slotted. The irregularities and pitch issues that normally happen when I play were just...gone. The pieces I have are also much more similar to play than my pevious combination of classical deep/shallow lead so switching back and forth during gigs is much, much easier.

When it comes to cups, my MC is a 'regular' one. It gives it a sound more akin to a flugelhorn. The MS Lead is bronze and that can really shine and pierce. Together the mouthpieces give me access to wide range of sounds depending on the piece we play. I can play both styles well enough on either mouthpiece so blending in on the softer classical passages when playing the lead mpc is much easier (which is not something you can do on the Best Brass 7E ).

The key to the AR Resonance mouthpieces is the backbore though. I first tried a bronze lead cup with a medium shaft...didn't do it for me. Half a week later I tried it again with a small shaft...and it blew my old lead piece (the Best Brass one) out of the water. Funnily enough, a friend of mine sounded best with the medium shaft on that same cup.

I've been meaning to write a post on them but I wanted to wait a bit to ensure it's not just the honeymoon phase talking. I'll write a proper review soon when I get the time for it. When I do, I'd really like you to add your experience to it as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: