• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Simple Gifts for trumpet ensemble?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazzmcazz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Simple Gifts for trumpet ensemble? Reply with quote

Hello!
It has been a very long time since I have posted on here but I frequent the forum all the time for great information. I am trying to find (with no luck) an arrangement of "Simple Gifts" for trumpet ensemble. I am looking for anything that is 4 parts or more and again for trumpets only. Does anyone know of one or have one I could buy? I appreciate the help in advance!
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while back I found one on Musescore. Not sure it's still up but it's worth a look.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
jazzmcazz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Musescore was the first place I looked when trying to find an arrangement. The only one they have is a trumpet trio. The other ones are for brass quintets.
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the time, you could write the 4 brass parts to B flat to play them with trumpets? Or maybe expand that trio version with 1 additional part of your own? Worst case scenario, you'd pick a brass arrangement and play the trombone/bass parts with C trumpets and the trumpet/euphonium parts with Bflat trumpets.

I'd do it for you but I've already got a backlog full of arrangements waiting to get finished....
jazzmcazz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I probably should have prefaced this with the need for something available to play and record as a family gift by Friday and that I do not have any extra time to arrange something myself. I normally would do just that and I would not be posting on here for help. Anyway, I appreciate all the input and maybe someone will know of something or has something I can pay them for.
Jay Lichtmann
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Years ago I did this arrangement of Simple Gifts for brass quintet. You can probably pair this arrangement down to a 4 trumpet version fairly easily.

http://www.wwjdo.com/_sites/music/simple.pdf
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzmcazz wrote:
Actually Musescore was the first place I looked when trying to find an arrangement. The only one they have is a trumpet trio. The other ones are for brass quintets.

I read my notes wrong. Indeed I have three arrangements (including Jay's) but all are brass quintet. Like Jay says it may be possible (possibly even fun) to reduce either to a trumpet ensemble arrangement. If you've not done so, the Musescore arrangement can be downloaded for editing in Musescore, or downloaded as a MusicXML for editing in Finale or other notation program. Now that you've put the bug in my ear I may have to give it a quick look this week to see how much work that would be.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: