• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Help me identify this Parduba Trumpet Mouthpiece

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hangfire112

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Help me identify this Parduba Trumpet Mouthpiece Reply with quote

I had a family friend who left a good collection of mouthpieces to me after their father passed away. All of these are vintage pieces, including a gold plated vintage Rudy Muck 14M ( I am not familiar with this size), and some vintage Parduba mouthpieces.

One of these Parduba mouthpieces is giving me great difficulty in identifying. Having looked through their old catalogs, and scouring the internet, I have not been able to find ANYTHING so far on this mouthpiece.

It is labeled J. Parduba & Son NEW YORK and has the size stamping of *5* on the front. Oddly enough though, it has NO DOUBLE CUP, and is not marked with the double cup designation. The Cup of this mouthpiece is a standard bowl shape design, like a Bach.

Experts and gear maniacs of trumpethearald, lend me your collective expertise. What is this mouthpiece?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1p2A5fwRYIHr5VWpta6u2rikLGtjhH0zx?usp=sharing

-JW[/img]
adagiotrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5* is a stock size. Perhaps it was modified and replated.
Hangfire112

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject: RE: adagiotrumpet Reply with quote

adagiotrumpet

What is odd to me is that if it was modified, that means that they would have had to replace the metal missing from where the 2nd cup on the double-cup mouthpiece Pardubas is located, right?

Also worth noting, there is no Pat. NO that you would normally find stamped on Parduba mouthpieces.

If Parduba offered a standard cup at some point, that would explain this oddity. But as I stated earlier, I have not found any record of that product offering.

Thank you for your reply either way.
JeffM729
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parduba likely made custom mouthpieces along with the regular line of double cups.

I'd assume that Parduba made this in a size 5 as you found it because there is no patent number for his double cup design.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: