• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Adams A9 Trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WildWilly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject: Adams A9 Trumpet Reply with quote

Does the Adams A9 come with a case and/or a mouthpiece? Checked several sites and couldn't find a yay or nay. Also, anyone have an Adams in a copper lacquer? Hard to tell from a picture if it's lighter or darker than a gold lacquer. Thanks for your help and input.
Gretsch Pathfinder
gmaxe
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, Adams trumpets generally come with a really cool gig bag (made by gard) but no mouthpiece. If you buy from Austin Custom Brass (main Adams distributor in the USA) they could easily sort out a mouthpiece for you. The A9 seems to have a few finish options, I think the standard is a copper tint (https://www.austincustombrass.biz/adams-a9-selected-series-trumpet-large-bore-in-copper-lacquer/)
Ask ACB, they will tell you everything. Give them a call! 816-410-0826
AdamsF2
Bach 38 Cornet
Bach 2C
OldSchoolEuph
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Adams A9 Trumpet Reply with quote

WildWilly wrote:
Does the Adams A9 come with a case and/or a mouthpiece? Checked several sites and couldn't find a yay or nay. Also, anyone have an Adams in a copper lacquer? Hard to tell from a picture if it's lighter or darker than a gold lacquer. Thanks for your help and input.

Finding the right mouthpiece is just like finding the right horn, it has to fit your situation, people and performance needs all being unique.

I have never understood makers including a mouthpiece with an instrument when, at least for serious players, the odds of it being useful are nil.

Cases are a bit less specific, but still, you may be fine with a gig bag, or you may need a hard case - or even a flight case. It all depends on what you plan to do. Better to seek out and buy what works best.

2017 Austin Winds Stage 466
1962 Mt. Vernon Bach 43
1954 Holton 49 Stratodyne
1927 Conn 22B
1957 Holton 27 cornet
1985 Yamaha YEP-621
1975 Yamaha YEP-321 Custom
1965 Besson Baritone
1975 Olds Recording R-20
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Adams A9 Trumpet Reply with quote

OldSchoolEuph wrote:
I have never understood makers including a mouthpiece with an instrument when, at least for serious players, the odds of it being useful are nil.

Agreed, it doesn't make sense for veteran players. But a starter may not have a mouthpiece yet, and while they probably shouldn't, some DO buy high end instruments as their first. Imagine the complaints: "I bought a $5000 trumpet and when it finally got here, I couldn't even play it. They wanted me to pay an extra $40 for the mouthpiece! Outrageous!".

It's probably less of a hassle to just include a mouthpiece...
WildWilly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmaxe wrote:
Hey there, Adams trumpets generally come with a really cool gig bag (made by gard) but no mouthpiece. If you buy from Austin Custom Brass (main Adams distributor in the USA) they could easily sort out a mouthpiece for you. The A9 seems to have a few finish options, I think the standard is a copper tint (https://www.austincustombrass.biz/adams-a9-selected-series-trumpet-large-bore-in-copper-lacquer/)
Ask ACB, they will tell you everything. Give them a call! 816-410-0826

Thank you for answering my questions and the link for ACB. Just the info I was looking for.
Gretsch Pathfinder
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Adams gig bag is well padded. IMO, for normal use, is just fine. I have had one. Looks cool too.

OTOH, if I'm going to use an Adams out of the house in situations where it might matter, I'd go for a hard case.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
WildWilly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
The Adams gig bag is well padded. IMO, for normal use, is just fine. I have had one. Looks cool too.

OTOH, if I'm going to use an Adams out of the house in situations where it might matter, I'd go for a hard case.

Thanks. I've been checking out hard bags online. Any brand you're partial to? Or any you would avoid?
Gretsch Pathfinder
austincustombrass
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:

Perhaps the first Gen of Adams gig bags I'd say be a bit careful with but the new ones are made by my friends at Gard and are fantastic. In fact I'd say are more protective than a lot of hard cases on the market.

"case" in point:

Link

BTW that was at least the 5th time I dropped the horn in the case before filming...

As always call us at 816-410-0826 if you have any questions about the Adams line of instruments. Thanks to everyone who mentioned my shop in this note! We appreciate you!

-T

It's a shame how far this forum has fallen. If you need us call 816-410-0826 or email.

Cool Links here:
https://linktr.ee/austincustombrass
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: