• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Instrument Collection Eagle Project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Bubbles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Instrument Collection Eagle Project Reply with quote

I wasn't really sure where the best place to put this up and I know this isn't about fundamentals but this is super important to me that you read this!

Hello Trumpet Community,

My name is Steven and I’m a high school trumpet student as well as a Boy Scout with Troop 216. I absolutely love playing the trumpet and I strongly believe in the gift of music and educating kids in all styles of music. Sadly, as we all know, music can end up being very expensive. Between renting or owning an instrument, taking care of the instrument, private lessons, and extracurricular ensembles I think we can all agree that it’s easy to spend when you’re a musician. Especially as trumpet players, and our obsession with gear, I believe that it’s a huge turn off for new students and their parents. So when I heard about the charity called “Hungry For Music,” I knew what I wanted my Eagle Project to be. “Hungry for Music” is a nonprofit organization that collects instruments and gives them to kids that might otherwise be unable to get their own instrument. This is where I must ask for your help, I need people in the Chicagoland area to donate used instruments. I will accept instruments in any condition, but it’s preferred that they’re playable or only need minor fixes to get them in working condition. We [b]DON’T[/b] accept any upright pianos or organs and any form of copyrighted material. I will accept any wind or percussion instrument as well as stringed instruments, pedals, amps, PA systems,and instrument parts. I will have a tax donation receipt if you would like one. I’m planning to collect instruments until mid-November. If you don’t have anything to donate to me I ask that you forward this message to any family, friends, or colleagues you may have in the Chicagoland area. If you don’t live near me and aren’t able to help me out I still encourage you to check out, “Hungry for Music”, their website is hungryformusic.org. They always are looking for people to volunteer their time to fix instruments, bring instruments to kids, and so much more. I know that was a lot of information so you have any questions you can always contact me at [u]fudaczeagleproject@gmail.com[/u].

Thank you for your time and your support,
Steven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: