• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Kanstul 1500a vs Taylor Chicago Standard

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ozzbo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1500A will fit better in a section with more orthodox horns (Bachs, Yammies, Benge, Schilke...etc.) and the Taylor will do better in a solo session.
I have owned both.

Ozzy
jairo_saade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The experience I have with Taylor is that there is no other trumpet so mellow, so creamy, so dark. Taylor trumpets are a very distinctive and separate category of instruments, and you can find something closer to other categories of trumpet depending on the weight, for example if you go for a Chicago Lite or Xlite you still get a lot of the mellow, the creamy and the dark but can spark if pushed.

One thing to consider when joining the Taylor club is they are heavy animals, and I mean heavy. I currently play a Chicago 46 Lite and comparing to my Lawler C7 or my Adams A2 the taylor is way heavier. It takes some getting used to specially if you are used to switch between horns frequently. In my case when I got the Chicago Lite was so in to it I played It for almost a month exclusively and now when I play the Adams it feels like holding a piece of paper.

hope it helps.

Joe
dogzstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the great reviews guys! I opted for the creamy, dark, smokey solo instrument at the end, i.e. Taylor Chicago II Standard.

Ozzbo wrote:
The 1500A will fit better in a section with more orthodox horns (Bachs, Yammies, Benge, Schilke...etc.) and the Taylor will do better in a solo session.
I have owned both.

Ozzy

That's a very valid point Ozzy! May I ask which horn did you opt for at the end, I understand you sold both the Kanstul and the Taylor?
Ozzbo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogzstar...

I sold the 1500A and still have the Taylor Chicago Custom. The Taylor is now my go-to solo horn for those gigs where I need to stand out without injuring the audiences ears.

Ozzy Cardona
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: