• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Lotus Mouthpieces

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winghorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you just wait until you get your mouthpiece. If you like it, fine. If not, send it back for refund.

If you get tired of waiting, cancel your order and ask for your money back.

How does all this endless speculation help any body?
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ERoscio wrote:
It wouldn’t be a big deal if they didn’t claim themselves as the best in the world with the best team and the best products.
You can’t say you have perfected processes collaborating with the best companies in the world when you don’t even know how to plate mouthpieces or if you resort to changing your product’s shape because you don’t know how to fix a batch of poorly plated pieces.
A solid and serious company would swallow its own mistakes without using Kickstarter tactics while still trying to figure out how to launch a product.

If this is the mess they are making with mouthpieces I can only imagine what's happening with their horns.
At this point the only thing I can say is that Rapa should have just kept playing the horn.

Ah marketing. Rapa's a fine player but this is getting to infomercial level of ... uhm.... "marketing" baloney. Those videos from back when were something....

I wasn't interested in his mouthpieces or horns, remain skeptical that they'll slice bread so...

Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
Winghorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I thought his videos were fun. I play for my own enjoyment now and I try not to take things as seriously as I did in my younger years.

I doubt if anyone thinks buying a Lotus mouthpiece will allow them to play like Rapa, but even a slight improvement in some aspect of my playing would make the purchase worthwhile to me.

In any event, as a hobby player it is fun to try new things and it is not like a Lotus mouthpiece is a five figure investment.
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: Lotus Mouthpieces Reply with quote

After reading on this topic for a while I am reminded of a line the actor Steve Bucsemi spoke in the Bruce Willis movie "Armageddon". All those oil drillers are flat on their backs waiting to be launched into space and Buscemi says, "I want you guys to know that we are about to go into space in a craft that is made of 273,000 parts, all of which are made by the lowest bidder, thank you."
Winghorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one!

Fortunately, the finished mouthpiece will only be in one part. How Lotus gets to that point is their business, as far as I am concerned.
bellicapelli

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Lotus Mouthpieces Reply with quote

blbaumgarn wrote:
After reading on this topic for a while I am reminded of a line the actor Steve Bucsemi spoke in the Bruce Willis movie "Armageddon". All those oil drillers are flat on their backs waiting to be launched into space and Buscemi says, "I want you guys to know that we are about to go into space in a craft that is made of 273,000 parts, all of which are made by the lowest bidder, thank you."

Did you ever hear NASA say “sorry, we had to delay the launch because the manufacturer of our spare parts needs time to learn to make them”?
Winghorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an article dated March 7, 2009 it was reported that during a House subcommittee hearing on NASA's cost overruns, NASA's acting administrator cited management mistakes, bad planning and the receipt of counterfeit parts from suppliers. as reasons for the overruns.

It that context, "counterfeit" could mean parts that were not developed properly or were not up to specifications. So yes, NASA has had problems with subcontractors and suppliers.

For a specific example, NASA's Kepler probe project required an extra three weeks to analyze a falsely approved Titanium component.

I think we should cut Lotus some slack as a new company being run by a fellow trumpet player, rather than by an experienced businessman.
bellicapelli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winghorn wrote:
In an article dated March 7, 2009 it was reported that during a House subcommittee hearing on NASA's cost overruns, NASA's acting administrator cited management mistakes, bad planning and the receipt of counterfeit parts from suppliers. as reasons for the overruns.

It that context, "counterfeit" could mean parts that were not developed properly or were not up to specifications. So yes, NASA has had problems with subcontractors and suppliers.

For a specific example, NASA's Kepler probe project required an extra three weeks to analyze a falsely approved Titanium component.

I think we should cut Lotus some slack as a new company being run by a fellow trumpet player, rather than by an experienced businessman.

What happened to the company that supplied a falsely approved Titanium component? Did NASA "give them some slack"?
acritzer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don’t throw anything at me, but there’s supposed to be an update today 😀
jimspeedjae
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And indeed there is:
https://shoutout.wix.com/so/34NX4-SHo?languageTag=en&cid=bafca183-e08b-4a5a-b635-fa44673b303d&region=7beb9bea-1545-4716-d01c-c2b5597415ea#/main

"The first 120 mouthpieces have been finished and are being sent to our shipping company, set to arrive on Monday. The next few hundred will arrive shortly thereafter, followed by roughly a hundred per day until all of your orders have been sent out.

You will receive an email from UPS with a tracking number when your order has been sent. If your address has changed since your order was placed please write us at: mouthpieces@lotustrumpets.com

Words cannot express the thanks Lotus sends to you for being so amazingly patient.

We want to pay you back by sending you the best mouthpiece we can build.
(And in our opinion, the best mouthpiece you can get)"
Winghorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news!

I hope we will all post about our playing impressions after we receive our mouthpieces.
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winghorn wrote:

Why would I try to cut them any slack? They're trying to reinvent the wheel every step of the way over and over. Why would anyone read about this and say, "yep, I'll support that?"
Trumpetvt91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the email too, from Lotus, saying that the mouthpieces are finally on their way.

After a few months of excuses and contradictory explanations it was about time!

Curious to find out how it plays, looks like and feels like...
All this research and “curveballs” they supposedly went through led to something good, I hope.

In the meantime you got this guy; going in 50 minutes from an idea to a finished product, and it looks just stunning! [/url] https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1198796290535979&id=330146790734271&__tn__=%2As%2As-R[url]

Good night y’all![/url]
Jaw04
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trumpetvt91 wrote:
I got the email too, from Lotus, saying that the mouthpieces are finally on their way.

After a few months of excuses and contradictory explanations it was about time!

Curious to find out how it plays, looks like and feels like...
All this research and “curveballs” they supposedly went through led to something good, I hope.

In the meantime you got this guy; going in 50 minutes from an idea to a finished product, and it looks just stunning! [/url] https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1198796290535979&id=330146790734271&__tn__=%2As%2As-R[url]

Good night y’all![/url]
Wow.. lol a not so veiled dig at Adam Rapa
Jay2015trumpet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had the chance to try the new models?
jimspeedjae
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had a shipping notification?
acritzer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimspeedjae wrote:
Has anyone had a shipping notification?

Not as of yet.
bellicapelli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they took the long route to Holland?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkdjzb/cargo-ship-suez-canal-dick-pic-ever-given?utm_content=1616666405&utm_medium=social&utm_source=VICE_facebook&fbclid=IwAR2XHQfbX0PwODGvgjgM7DfG4GNqf9xBxrtzTCDR5OXTIunj5RYUmz81cXc
ERoscio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

claf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received my shipping confirmation!
Estimated delivery between Monday and Wednesday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 6 of 20

Jump to: