• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Lotus Mouthpieces

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winghorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Bryant.

Steve
Usedtobegood
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my Lotus 3L2 on Friday and finally got some time on it yesterday. First reaction is this is a beautiful looking mouthpiece. Plating is flawless inside and out and the lotus petals are a nice touch. It is shorter than a standard Bach or Schilke, fits perfectly and looks great in my Benge LB 6X.

I really like this mouthpiece so far. I am not a virtuoso by any means, but the first thing I noticed is the fullness of sound with much less effort. Intonation seems really good. I am no longer a high note player but I did get up to high C and it was pretty easy and in tune, where I am a little flat with other pieces, this was spot on. The rim is very comfortable, not too much bite, and feels slightly smaller than a Bach 3 or Schilke 11 to me. May be where the high point is on the rim.

We'll see how it goes as I play it more, but so far my reaction is very positive. Shipping time was 6 days to Chicago burbs, not bad at all.
lotherro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else try out their new mouthpieces?
Lotus 1L Nickel-Silver 2.0
Lotus 1XL+ Brass 1.0
claf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not received here, I wish they had used UPS instead of national mails...
acritzer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine are supposed to arrive Friday. Then I'll do a comparison to my current Monette B3S3
jimspeedjae
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not had any notification of shipping yet.
Winghorn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, either. And I placed my order last December.

I have sent e-mails to all the addresses I could find for Lotus and for Charles Wagner over the past week or so but have yet to receive any kind of a response. Frustrating.

I don't mean to seem impatient, but I want to make sure my order has not been lost. Some posters who placed their orders after I did have already received their mouthpieces or have been given shipping confirmation.

I would think Lotus would fill the orders in the order they were received...?

Steve
bellicapelli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the story with this Angelica Meza? Anyone else can confirm this? Maybe this is the "shipping company" they mention?
claf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

claf wrote:

The mailman delivered it Yesterday, I was too quick to talk this time !
acritzer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My delivery has now been pushed back until Monday.
kevin_soda
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

claf wrote:
claf wrote:

When USPS is privatized it won't get faster or better but it will cost more.
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin_soda wrote:
claf wrote:
claf wrote:

When USPS is privatized it won't get faster or better but it will cost more.

...and you'll get even sh***er customer service.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
acritzer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 of my 4 arrived today. Have NOT had much time but I’ll share early thoughts. Comparing to my Monette B3S3 non-Prana. I think the 2 rim is going to be a little too big. The rims are very comfortable and I’d definitely compare the designs to the Monette in terms of response, evenness, and projection. I think the Lotus might be a little bit more diffuse, perhaps because the blank is lighter. That’s not to say it doesn’t have a full sound, it does.
As someone that’s just recently moved to Monette I suspect Prana players or those more accustomed to these designs would recognize more “perks” to the Lotus pieces.

My 3L is still yet to come. Anyone that might be interested keep an eye out. I’ll probably list the 2L and 2M on the marketplace eventually.
40cal
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acritzer wrote:
3 of my 4 arrived today. Have NOT had much time but I’ll share early thoughts. Comparing to my Monette B3S3 non-Prana. I think the 2 rim is going to be a little too big. The rims are very comfortable and I’d definitely compare the designs to the Monette in terms of response, evenness, and projection. I think the Lotus might be a little bit more diffuse, perhaps because the blank is lighter. That’s not to say it doesn’t have a full sound, it does.
As someone that’s just recently moved to Monette I suspect Prana players or those more accustomed to these designs would recognize more “perks” to the Lotus pieces.

My 3L is still yet to come. Anyone that might be interested keep an eye out. I’ll probably list the 2L and 2M on the marketplace eventually.

Just curious as I play on a B3S3, are you able to compare how much larger the rim feels relative to other monette sizes? Like the Lotus 2M being more comparable to a Monette B2 etc....? Thanks!
acritzer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

40cal wrote:
acritzer wrote:

Just curious as I play on a B3S3, are you able to compare how much larger the rim feels relative to other monette sizes? Like the Lotus 2M being more comparable to a Monette B2 etc....? Thanks!

Sorry, not really. The only time I played a B2 was years and years ago...maybe 15? From my emails with BJ I recall that the B3S3 while measuring a certain size, because of the shape it feels a bit smaller? This could be why the Lotus 2 seems larger. I don’t currently have a B6, but if I had to guess I think the Lotus 3 would feel a little bigger than that. The Lotus 3 feels ever so slightly smaller than my B3S3.

Hope that helps!
ERoscio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some bad news for the 1500 (yeah...) of us still waiting for mouthpieces, like Winghorn.
Seems like they don't even know if they can make any mouthpiece anytime soon.
Apparently I won't get any update from Charlie who seems to have evaporated, but I asked a few friends in Europe who ordered mouthpieces in the past months.
What is worrying and pretty annoying is that each of them gets a different piece of a puzzle. The number of sales keeps changing, one of them was told 1500 are sold, another one read that it's 1500 divided into a few sales, some for potential dealers (which you can't find on their website) and the rest being the stock they are trying to build.
One friend told me they are at about 1000, one says they shipped 120 pieces which becomes 150 for another friend and so on.
But back to the bad news, a couple of them received an email saying that the Lotus team can't express how frustrated they feel for not being able to make and deliver the pieces.

They thought they finally nailed it with this first batch of 120 but at the same time they say the plating company (the third one?) doesn't know how to buff and plate mouthpieces.
They blame all companies for not being up to their standards (Egger standards?) and making fun of them. They even say that if they had known back in January they would have sent money back to everyone refusing to accept new orders until they actually had a product in their hands.
So, they don't know if they will be able to make mouthpieces anymore and when, they can't promise anything at this point but they also ask if we can wait a little more before asking for a refund.

It is obvious that they are having some serious production problem, and it really looks like this company that was supposed to give them better quality than Egger at a cheaper price is literally in the process of learning how to make trumpet mouthpieces. I can also expect that what has been shipped so far is very likely below their standards, if they complain about the plating company.
It smells like they badly needed some people to receive a few mouthpieces to make it look like they are progressing, even if just slowly.
And if you check their website now they have an ETA for brass and nickel mouthpieces, 5 weeks, 8 for bronze ones.
This sounds more like months in Lotus-time, at least for brass ones. God knows if they ever had one in bronze made.
Has any of you gotten a bronze mouthpiece?
I will leave my money in their pockets for now as I still want to see the final product but I will buy a digital caliper to check the dimensions of my piece as soon as it gets here. I will definitely reject anything that is less than perfect.

If it was any other company I wouldn't be so picky but they market themselves as the best company with the best product, the best people, the best materials, the best machines and the best knowledge, and then you find out they are literally wandering in the dark while their companies are learning how to make stuff.
Divitt Trumpets
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure what a digital caliper will tell you if there are no published dimensions for your piece.
bellicapelli

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Divitt Trumpets wrote:
I'm not exactly sure what a digital caliper will tell you if there are no published dimensions for your piece.

Back in the thread a guy wrote that his Lotus wobbled in the receiver, he checked with the caliper and found that various measures are inconsistent around the piece.
Jaw04
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember that first youtube ad campaign where Adam was saying your mouthpiece sucks? I wish that was still online. It was walking that edgy line of being not funny but also being kind of obnoxious for no reason.
evolution
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it wasn't that much bad luck that I bought 3 Lotus mpcs (for more than the new price) used in December. I like em and I have them and the Egger quality is nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 8 of 20

Jump to: