• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Upgrading a horn for my daughter

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trickg wrote:
hibidogrulez wrote:

The parts of the post you quoted attributed to me are actually quotes from lurchbird - not sure if you realized that.

Apologies, they must've been mixed up in the edit. I'll correct it.
John Enloe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually work trade shows & in various capacities with Powell Trumpets/Fred Powell. So, let me update some of the info getting posted re his history. etc. I also just got some additional information directly from him, just to be sure everything is accurate.

Yes he was the designer of the C.G. Conn "Vintage One" series & was also head of all brass instrument product management, design & development for United Musical Instruments from 1997 until the sale/merger (by Steinway) of UMI & Selmer when the company became known as Conn-Selmer, Inc. He remained with CSI until his resignation in February 2005 to explore other opportunities, some in the music industry & others as a performer.

Various events led to the formation of "TrumpeTech, Inc." under which he did design & manufacturing consulting for companies such as Jupiter, Antigua Winds, Getzen, E.K. Blessing & others. From approximately 2007-2009, Fred & Karl Hammond partnered in the Chicago region before Fred found it necessary to base more firmly back in Elkhart. In 2010, TrumpeTech, Inc. became "Powell Trumpets" as it remains now. (Karl & Fred still work together regularly!)

There is & never was any relation whatsoever to Powell Flutes. (Completely different set of Powells.) Rather, the owner of the flute company (who also owned the Sonare' brand) purchased the E.K. Blessing Company - which then led into additional consulting opportunities involving both brands. An upper management position offered there showed great promise but never fully materialized into what was supposed to be. That relationship ended, and Powell Trumpets went back to being completely independent. When E.K. Blessing was disbanded & the brand name sold, there was at that point no existing relationship between Powell Trumpets & any of those brands.

Powell Trumpets has been in the same building in Elkhart since 2009. Then, in the Fall of 2020, as a result of various factors both business & personal Fred Powell relocated parts of the business to North Carolina. While most of the larger equipment remains in the Elkhart facility, rough assembly & final assembly processes are being set up in NC. More information will be available soon & once the new shop becomes fully operational. There are plans to expand his product offerings going forward. And, there's more information to come on all that as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: