• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Making progress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike ansberry
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Making progress Reply with quote

I'm really happy with the progress I've made using BE. In addition to my BE routine and other stuff I've added playing real book melodies up an octave. I have been able to play tunes up to the G above high C. I don't claim to own that note. It is thin and ugly, but it is there. During my BE routine I can play exercises above the G, some days up to double C. But again they are not really usable yet. But they are there. My endurance is also way up.

I am very anxious to have a gig. I haven't played a gig since March. I hope what I have worked on in practice will translate to the job. The proof is in the pudding where the rubber meets the road.
deleted_user_687c31b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Making progress Reply with quote

mike ansberry wrote:
The proof is in the pudding where the rubber meets the road.

An interesting combination hat leads to some odd mental imagery

But nice to read you're having success. Keep up the good work and hope you'll get a gig soon!

Last edited by deleted_user_687c31b on Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
JayKosta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Making progress Reply with quote

hibidogrulez wrote:
mike ansberry wrote:
The proof is in the pudding where the rubber meets the road.

An interesting combination hat leads to some odd ental imagery ...

------------------
reminds me of a local convenience store named 'Apple Foods' - they have a large neon sign that appears (to me anyway) to read
Apple Toads
uh, no thanks ....

the pudding is where the rubber meets the toad!
Oh ya, watch the conductor - they set what is 'on time'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: