• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Preparing for a recital

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoshRzepka
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject: Preparing for a recital Reply with quote

Hey TH, here's the 1st video in a 3 video series where I discuss how to plan and prepare for a recital.

This is primarily geared towards high school and college students who are feeling a bit lost or overwhelmed as they are faced with the prospect of giving a recital (or jury). Of course, many younger and older students will also benefit from some of my ideas.

Videos 2 & 3 are coming later this week (Tuesday and Fri or Sat).

In video 2 I talk about preparation and collaboration, discussing practice strategies and tips, and I also include an interview with James Howsmon, Professor of Instrumental Accompanying at Oberlin (one of my alma mater) where we cover the topics of finding and working with a collaborative pianist.

In video 3 I'm talking about the week of and the day of the recital.

Let me know what you think!

Link

Denis Wick Artist
JoshRzepka
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Preparing for a recital Reply with quote

Hey TH!

Here is video 2 in the series.

I tried to include information that will help you successfully plan, get you in the right mindset, and give you a solid direction with your practice so that you can have a successful and enjoyable performance!

Very thankful to have had the opportunity to include a conversation with James Howsmon, professor of instrumental accompanying at Oberlin Conservatory, where he discusses what you need to know as a soloist working with an accompanist for the very first time. (Jump to 9:30 for that convo!)

This video is 27 min long, so it's not a quick one, but it is filled with a lot of information that should help all young performers who are thinking about, or getting ready for their first recital!

Link

Denis Wick Artist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: