• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Jet-Tone Custom B

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hornman53@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject: Jet-Tone Custom B Reply with quote

I have a "Jet-tone" Custom Model B trumpet mouthpiece with Temp. 7-9-67 stamped on it after the B. Also has the number 5 stamped on the shank. Any ideas to what I have? Thanks everyone!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Halflip
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a Jet-Tone Custom Model B trumpet mouthpiece with "Temp. 7-9-67" stamped on it after the B, and a number "5" stamped on the shank.

Seriously, with those details, you probably need to get access to some very detailed archival information (if it exists) to gain the insight you seek. I believe a few others on this forum are familiar with the history of Jet-Tone mouthpieces and know who might have such archival records.

It is also possible that someone altered your mouthpiece after it was purchased, and the extra markings you mention represent notes by the person who did those alterations. Do you know the original owner of your mouthpiece?

"He had no concept of the instrument. He was blowing into it." -- Virgil Starkwell's cello teacher in "Take the Money and Run"
hornman53@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way it was stamped looks to me that "Temp." was stamped at the same level as the "Jet-Tone" Custom B wording, BUT the 7 - 9 - 67 stamped on about an 1/8" higher and spaced out. I do not know the original owner though I got it at Parramore Music store in Ocala, Florida.
maynard-46
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:59 am    Post subject: jet-tone custom model Reply with quote

Just a guess but it sounds like a Custom 5B ( 40/64" i.d.) that was made on July 9, 1967 (7-9-67). Have no idea as to Temp...maybe someone's abbreviated name??? Just a guess!

Butch
chase1973
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any way to post a pic? Is it in the skeletonized blank or standard blank? I'm only a couple hrs from Ocala...Ray Amado did the custom work up until 1971 so, I'd LOVE to see that piece
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: