• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Favorite book?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wfrayer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: Top Tones by Walter Smith Reply with quote

Not sure how I would label this. Favorite Book? Most Hated Book? Most Challenging Book? Definitely the book I learned the most from.
I just purchased a new copy, my old copy from 64 years ago was falling apart. It's been used and abused and then cherished!

Best

William Rayer
EBjazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite book? Reply with quote

Thanks Oliver for the mention! I hope you won't hate when you're through....

Eb

oliver king wrote:

The Saint-Jacome Manual by Eric Bolvin. A common sense guide to a Grand Method has become a favorite.

The Thibaud Series By Pierre Thibaud. It gets into everything. It's easy to measure progress.

The Rene Laurent Enseignement de la Trompette by Rene Laurent. A welcome surprised I enjoyed how well I was prepared to play music rather than run patterns.

There've been many books I wasn't prepared for. Back to practice.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dr A

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming from French horn (40+ years) to trumpet, I remembered all the trumpet players at school clutching their Arban's, so I got one to work from. I wondered at the time if it was totally out dated, but since it was available I thought someone must still use it. I was not disappointed. Although I did not reach even a semblance of dexterity, it was fun to try, and there was always something new. My end goal was Carnival of Venice, and, well at least I could play the first part!
picctpt33

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arban!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: