• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Looking for a community band that doesn't suck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spitvalve
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Looking for a community band that doesn't suck Reply with quote

My wife and I are going to be fully self-employed within a couple of months and will be able to live wherever we want. We're planning to move out of Texas because my wife, who is from Minnesota, can't handle any more nine-month summers. We're in search of a place with four seasons, mountains, reasonable home prices, and for me, a community band that doesn't sound like a junior high school group. I had a particular city in mind until I googled video of their community band. That was a deal breaker for me.

Years and years ago I played in a municipal band that was supported by MPTF and was actually a paid gig, and it was full of professionals and advanced college students. Would love to go back to that city but can't afford housing there.

I'm sure this question will ignite a firestorm, which is not my intention, but I'd like to spend my golden years with a group that plays in tune.

So---any recommendations on the "ideal" community? Mountains, four seasons, affordable homes, and a community band that doesn't suck. Extra points if there is decent jazz available.
1999 Getzen Eterna 700S
1979 Getzen Eterna 895S Flugelhorn
1969 Getzen Capri cornet
Eastlake Benge 4PSP piccolo trumpet
Warburton and Stomvi Flex mouthpieces
Ed Kennedy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knoxville?
Croquethed
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Haven?
mafields627
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asheville, NC?

http://ashevillecommunityband.com/

No representation is made that the quality of this post is greater than the quality of that of any other poster. Oh, and get a teacher!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: