• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

1926 King Liberty Model mouthpiece recommendations

View previous topic :: View next topic  
itsDewey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject: 1926 King Liberty Model mouthpiece recommendations Reply with quote

Hello trumpeters, its Dewey. I recently bought a 1926 King Liberty Model trumpet on eBay, and she is a beaut. The only problem is that, when I try to use my modern Bach 3c mouthpiece, it slips out instantly. The trumpet came with the original adaptors, but when I play with them I'm almost a half step flat, and that isn't a good thing when in a Jazz band. It came with a bugle mouthpiece that fit and sounds very nice, but has raw brass all over the cup and I would not like to die of brass poisoning anytime soon . Does anyone have any suggestions on mouthpieces that would sound great and fit my Liberty Model?
rmch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one from around that time and modern mouthpieces work well with it, albeit they stick out just a little more than on a modern horn. The original mouthpiece still fits, too, so I'm wondering if the receiver on yours has been a little warped. Do you have a good repairman in your area? I'm curious to see what other Liberty owners' experiences are with this.
1981 LA Benge ML #3 bell
1938 Couesnon Flugel
1907 HN White Co. "King" Cornet
1977 Selmer Picc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: