• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Amati Kraslice ATC 382

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmberinger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Amati Kraslice ATC 382 Reply with quote

Looking for Bb lead pipe, other parts and general information regarding this piccolo trumpet. I've been unable to locate the manufacturer and if you have a lead please let me know.

Thanks,
MatPL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. You can mainly get Amati parts from the Czech Republic. There will be a lot in Poland and Germany in small orchestras. In my orchestra, the older instruments such as Tuba, Tenorhorn, Trumpet are Amati or Weltklang.
Brassnose
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.amati.co.at/trompete/

I think they are the largest dealers of Amati instruments, I am not sure if there is a true company website.

Here is the history - in German ... https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amati-Denak

Bottom line is that Amati was founded in 1945 by forcing previous companies into a collective, government-owned large instrument manufacturing company. By 1948 this was complete and previous companies ceased to exist. I have read that previous companies existing in Kraslice such as Bohland & Fuchs were then part of Amati.

Over here Amati has a rather low reputation, they are mostly in the beginners and Oompah band market. You know those beer and brass events.

I used to own an Amati picc but sold it again after ca a year because of intonation issues. Mechanically the horn was fine but the valves were extremely noisy.

When I visited Prague in 1996 I bought a Lidl rotary trumpet (sold a few years ago) and the person in the shop told me to not buy Amati because their quality was lower. Good salesman, the Lidl was a little more expensive but it was easier to play, too.

Edit: the above text is only about trumpets. I have no experience with their low brass. A friend played an Amati baritone but then bought a new B&S baritone and is much happier now.
1980/2023 Custom Blessing Scholastic C 😎
1977 Conn 6B
1951 Buescher 400 Lightweight
AR Resonance, Klier, Curry
Brassnose
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting an afterthought: my experience does NOT include the newer instruments but I read on the German Trompetenforum that the quality has improved quite a bit in the last 10ish years.
1980/2023 Custom Blessing Scholastic C 😎
1977 Conn 6B
1951 Buescher 400 Lightweight
AR Resonance, Klier, Curry
jmberinger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank to all for their comments. Now I just need to learn how to play it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: