• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Leblanc Paris plated Bb flugelhorn price

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eduardo90

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject: Leblanc Paris plated Bb flugelhorn price Reply with quote

Hi everydoby, i recently bought a Leblanc Paris Bb flugelhorn silver plated made by Courtois, serial number 10056, the horn shows some evidence of previous good repair work but even though it is in pretty good condition, it doesn´t have a 3rd valve slide trigger and i bought it without original case and with a generic mouthpiece, i payed 543 usd for it, i would appreciate if some of you could tell me if that was a fair price or not, i would be thankful of somebody could explain to me why some older Couesnon and Courtois flugels doesn´t have 3rd slide valve trigger, when that tool its so necessary.

Thanks in advanced
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Leblanc Paris plated Bb flugelhorn price Reply with quote

Hmm...

I'd say anytime you can get a solid instrument that isn't a Chinesium cheapie for around $500-600, that's a win.

I think the Courtois flugels used to go for about $600 or so, back when I was paying attention about a decade ago or so - depending on model, some more. So that seems like it's a solid price without knowing much more about the model or vintage.

The 3rd valve slide trigger is a fairly recent addition. It wasn't standard until... maybe within the last 10-20 years. Hard to say, some models in the 1990's had them, but many did not.

Frankly, I don't think it's that necessary. I pondered having one added to my Yamaha 731, but haven't bothered, yet. I even worked in a shop with repair techs, so it wouldn't have been a big deal. However, I just put the 3rd slide out a bit (half inch, quarter?) and that's more than sufficient to make those notes fine and not mess up the other pitches.
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
Bethmike
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:15 am    Post subject: leblance Paris Reply with quote

I leave the 3 valve slide on my Yamaha 631 about 1/2 inch out. I can lip the rest.
Yamaha 631 Flugel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: