• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New: Trumpet Bingo App (iOS)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
frog68

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:15 am    Post subject: New: Trumpet Bingo App (iOS) Reply with quote

Here's some new app for all iOS users: Trumpet Bingo
https://apps.apple.com/app/trumpet-bingo/id1560998874

It's useful for training a couple of aspects of playing brass instruments. More than just hitting notes properly!

Other brass instruments like Trombone and Horn are also supported.

Check it out, it's free until May.

CU,

Jürgen
ghelbig
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: New: Trumpet Bingo App (iOS) Reply with quote

frog68 wrote:
Here's some new app for all iOS users: Trumpet Bingo
https://apps.apple.com/app/trumpet-bingo/id1560998874

It would be nicer if it didn't require one to install the extra-buggy version of iOS.

Gary.
frog68

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: New: Trumpet Bingo App (iOS) Reply with quote

ghelbig wrote:

It would be nicer if it didn't require one to install the extra-buggy version of iOS.

Gary.

Sorry, till now, nobody complained about major bugs in latest iOS 14. Would it help, if we switch to iOS 13.0 as min supported iOS version?

CU

Jürgen
ghelbig
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject: Re: New: Trumpet Bingo App (iOS) Reply with quote

frog68 wrote:
Sorry, till now, nobody complained about major bugs in latest iOS 14. Would it help, if we switch to iOS 13.0 as min supported iOS version?
CU
Jürgen

Complaining about iOS bugs is like trying to teach a mule to sing: It wastes your time and annoys the mule.

I'm looking to buy an older phone so that Apple doesn't force iOS updates on me. In my experience every new version of iPhone software adds more bugs than it does features. I keep a "30-pin" iPad for the same reason.

I've never written an iOS app, but in the Android world "quality" can usually be measured by how many versions the app runs on. If it only runs on the current revision that's a bad thing. If it will run on the most common older version, that's a good thing.

Gary.
frog68

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I checked it out, but the app relies on some iOS 14 features, so we can't downgrade and support earlier versions for the time being.

But there are good news for Android users: an Android version is now in the pipeline and should be available until summer.

Daniel has created a video where you can get an impression on how to use the app: https://youtu.be/ncNJW0atyBk

Have fun
ghelbig
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frog68 wrote:
But there are good news for Android users: an Android version is now in the pipeline and should be available until summer.

How is the Android App coming along?

I did a web search for it - and found an APK that is actually a virus (not from you, just uses the same name...)

G.
frog68

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Android all basic issues (score display, frequency tracking, ...) have been solved. I need a bit of time to implement some parts of the business logic and beautify the GUI for a release.

Unfortunately some other customer ordered another app, that has to completed first.

Thanks for the info about the virus app with the same name! My version will be provided via the official Google Playstore.

Stay tuned.

Jürgen
Mark Leccese

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got custom mouthpiece from ACB. It always takes a while to get used to new mouthpiece, and this app had been a GREAT technical exercise.
Yamaha YFH-8310Z Flugelhorn
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is petty, but is there anywhere someone might see a demo or more detailed description before paying the 1.99? I have students I might recommend it to, but I’ve spent (I know, it’s ONLY 1.99) money on apps, only to delete them after I see how well they work. Or don’t work.

Thanks.

Brad
frog68

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

the Android version 1.0 of Trumpet Bingo is now live https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kitcon.trumpetbingo
Feel free to send feedback, since it's v1.0 there is always room for improvements.

Regarding the requested demo versions. At least Apple is not a fan of such concepts. Daniel's video gives you some idea how the app works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqnvV8rYxbI&t=1s

And at least for iOS there is an official way to get the money back by returning the app within one day https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Pedagogy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: