• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mt Vernon bach vs new York bach vintage mouthpieces

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bent tubing
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:21 pm    Post subject: Mt Vernon bach vs new York bach vintage mouthpieces Reply with quote

I know this is subjective and an old inquiry but can anyone please enlighten me to the subtle differences if any between the two different bach models and time periods between the two? I appreciate any opinions you veteran bach mouthpiece experts or anyone would care to share thank you so much I'm mainly talking about the 7C bach models
JayKosta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that in the 'old days' Bach's QC about precise dimensions of mouthpieces SOMETIMES resulted in noticeable difference between mouthpieces that were marked the same and of the same vintage. And also between mouthpieces that were marked with the same size, but from different vintages.

Probably some were made of the 'correct' size, and others were smaller or larger. It all depends on the individual mouthpieces being compared.

MY experience is that I had been using a MV 7 that was probably from the late 50's or early 60's. A few years ago I bought a new Bach 7, and to me they both felt and played the same.
Oh ya, watch the conductor - they set what is 'on time'.
bworth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite mp is a V BACH CORP. NEW YORK 7C. The 7C has a - under it (under scored). The words are small. I think it's old and seems deeper than a modern 7C. It has been gold plated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: