• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha Gen 3 's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swsingel

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject: Yamaha Gen 3 's Reply with quote

Anyone have significant experience on the Yamaha Gen 3 Chicago ? Looking at buying one soon. Not sure if it's worth it. Thanks!
chrisf3000
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love mine and won't trade them for anything! I have both the Bb and the C. Best trumpets I have owned. I had both Gen 1 and 2 as well - the Gen 1 was good but got too bright at really loud volumes for my taste. With the curved tuning slide, the blow of the Gen 2 felt off. A square slide helped, but still.

For me, the Gen. 3 fixed all that I didn't like about the previous two versions. I feel comfortable and feel like I can produce th sound I hear in my head. I have also tried Bach, Shires, B & S and more. All of these have great qualities about each of them, but lacked something. I felt like I would have to shop around for a "good one". Yamahas are so consistently made that I feel like I don't have to do that. Have one sent out on trial , if you can, and see for yourself if it's for you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: