• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Warburton Qm

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kramergfy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject: Warburton Qm Reply with quote

I took a gamble and ordered a Warburton piece, having never tried any of their offerings before. I came up with a configuration using the ol' Kanstul comparator; the top is a 4SV, with the Qm backbore. I was looking for something with less cup volume than the Marcinkiewicz E3, and the Reeves S pieces I have, but would still have enough undercut for my chops. I was also looking for something much more efficient, so the Qm became my first choice.

Ive spent the last 2 days going through the paces with it, and I gotta say, those who claim the Qm is a magic bullet for lead playing are spot on. In both my Los Angeles Calicchio 1s/2 and my Burbank Benge 3, this thing is the real deal. I've never had the amount of intensity in my sound, combined with both efficiency and accuracy. Usually its one or the other. I am waiting for the honey moon to subside, but right now it's a killer piece. It doesn't feel "stuffy" to the least; I can really lay into it. I've been very inconsistent with practicing, and even more so with good practice, but I was able to get some pretty meaty, clean sounding High As with this set up; something I could only do in peak shape.

Anyone who might be curious to try one I encourage you to order one. Very impressed.

Thread killer.
Shark01
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As strange as it sounds at first, I use a Qm as a piccolo backbore and it is a great combo of sound and range.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: