• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

York 75 Anniversary 56 cornet question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shatfield56

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject: York 75 Anniversary 56 cornet question Reply with quote

I have searched for information on this item, including outside this forum and found descriptions. I have heard that the early models of York were very good but the later were not so good.

Is this horn considered from Yorks not so good years?
krax
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've an ad from 1957 where recommended selling price is noted. Comparing that to other price lists on the internet tells me that these were priced like Olds Ambassadors, Martin Indianas and Conn Directors. We're talking student instruments.

Now, I had a York 75 some years ago too and I would say that it played pretty well. Clearly not a pro instrument, but it was nice and as long as we talk cornets only, personally I would chose the 75, not the other three mentioned. But add any step-up horn from that time to the mix, and it would be better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: