• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha silent brass system

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwbrandl464@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject: Yamaha silent brass system Reply with quote

This concerns the Yamaha Silent Brass system, I got one yesterday for my trumpet. As far as I can tell there is no sound coming thru the earphones. I get the same sound weather he device is turned on or not. Yes, I’ve tried everything to get it to work. There’s no reverb either, thanks for your comments. Marc
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of possibilities.
If:
you did put batteries (two x AA) in the right way (+/-) in the personal studio (the amplifier) and you pushed the On button AND there is now a green light visible (when no green light you did something wrong or go to the last sentence of this post);
and you did put the mute in your trumpet;
and connected the mute (plug entrance in front of the mute with 'mute-in'on the amplifier;
and you did put in the ear phones cord in the 'phones' entrance of the amplifier and pushed all the plugs all the way in (this is important);
and turn the volume knob to a reasonable level, play now the trumpet

and if you still have no sound in the phones then you can try another set of ear phones and when still no result you have to send the whole thing back.
HJL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using on my cornet for last 6 months. First time I tried they didn't work, changed batteries and they worked. I have found the hole the earbuds plug into is slightly oversize and more often than not I only get sound out of the right ear. The Yamaha product is a great concept poorly executed.
Avan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using one for over 3yrs now and have had no issues with it.

Other then whats already stated and still does not work? I would send it back as mentioned in prior post.

" Man Without an Audience "
Album Release - 2017
" Mi Vida es Una Cancion "
Album release - 2022

USAF 1974-1980 E-4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: