• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Double C!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trumpjerele
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject: Double C! Reply with quote

Some time ago, when I was waiting to receive the book, I entertained myself by reading the old posts on this forum.

Every now and then there would be a post by someone who claimed to have played a double C for the first time....

At that time I confirmed myself with much less, I didn't know if the BE method would work so well for me .That was a little over three years ago.

To make a long story short, the other day it happened. Sometimes I warm up by doing an ascending C scale, and I keep adding notes. That day G above high C felt easy, and it occurred to me, skip to the double C, and out it came.

Wow what a surprise.

I tried again and it happened again.

Then I recorded another attempt to send it to a friend but I didn't get the double C, yes a B. I pushed a bit more and again double C.

The BE method has exceeded all my expectations. I am obviously very grateful to Jeff Smiley and the entire community, which, although somewhat silent, I know is still there

Trumpet: Yamaha 8310Z
Mouthpiece: the great Yamaha11b4

Sax tenor: Yamaha YTS 23
Mouthpiece: Otto link tone edge
JayKosta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems you've had great results with Balanced Embouchure - it would be interesting to me to know if you feel there are particular aspects of BE that assisted your progress.

e.g.
Did it help you learn new techniques that you didn't know about?
Did it clarify some technique issues that you did know about, but had trouble doing?
Did it increase your overall physical ability to do aspects of technique?
Did it lead you to some other 'embouchure method' that you can now utilize because of the BE training?
Oh ya, watch the conductor - they set what is 'on time'.

Last edited by JayKosta on Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:52 am; edited 2 times in total
stuartissimo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your progress.
Trumpjerele
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you stuartisimo!

I will try to answer JayKosta.

The BE method is a comprehensive method, I can't identify a specific exercise that made me improve, I think it's the sum of all the exercises and the balance between them that produces better results.

The technical skill that I could never do before BE and now I can, is the lip trill.

It has improved my ability to play the instrument so much that currently my practice sessions include no more technique than BE. After that I practice to improve my musicianship.

Although you must keep in mind that I am an amateur and the amount of time to practice is limited.

I'm not an analytical person and I don't tend to analyze what has changed in my embouchure or playing, so I can't be precise about that.

I am sorry I cannot be more specific, but remember that BE is an indirect method.

trumpetteacher1
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear!

But I'm not surprised. You are doing the exercises fundamentally correct. When you combine that with correctly pushing the envelope, interesting things begin to happen.

Jeff
Trumpjerele
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pushing the development has been key for me. I try to do the exercises better every day with more power and authority, as you hear on the CD. I still don't have it, but now I'm not afraid to get tired, if I get tired, I rest, but there are also days when I feel especially good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: