• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Played the best gig of my life - thanks to Reinhardt!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donovan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Played the best gig of my life - thanks to Reinhardt! Reply with quote

I was asked to sub with a “regional” band last weekend on trumpet. Typical coverband with horns type of thing. Most charts aren’t too bad, but then there are some tough ones (lots of Chicago, Conga, a few others). Got a chance to review some of the charts a few days before, but basically had to read it.

I played the best I’ve ever played, in this type of setting. Usually this type of ensemble is tough for me. All the instruments are amplified, which traditionally has led to overblowing, and being shot 1 set in to a 3-set night. Not this time. I kept my volume down, relied on the mic, and played my ass off. The guy I was subbing for is a MONSTER player (and a heck of a nice guy, too), so the pressure was on, and judging from the comments of the band, I did a good job. I had plenty of endurance and range the entire night.

This would not have been possible with out DSR, this forum, and specifically, lessons from Dave Sheetz and Chris LaBarbara. I can’t recommend this pedagogy, and those teachers, highly enough!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: