• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Private Lessons - Indianapolis Area -Comeback Player

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiker74

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject: Private Lessons - Indianapolis Area -Comeback Player Reply with quote

Hello,
I am a very rusty comeback player after a 20yr hiatus. I've been doing the regular long notes and lip slur exercises as well as i've been playing some of the music I had from 20-30yrs ago that was familiar to me. I have a family and kids, so taking time out to practice and such has been difficult, but i'm making time for it. My son also started playing trumpet in 7th grade this year, so that has been a motivation.

I'm seriously rusty and i'm learning that I made it through Jr High, High School, college and playing briefly in church with not really learning how to read music very well. I was a really good ear player as long as I learned the fingerings (admitting this embarrassing fact as I think this is a safe place to air these truths).

I'd like to take some lessons and get back to the basics. I'm 47 now and i'd like to join an ensemble or community band with my son possibly along with my wife. My wife also plays trumpet and she was a music major, but I think I need someone outside my family unit to kick me into gear.

Thoughts of available people teaching lessons in the Indianapolis area?

Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: