• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Botti on a Bach

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaw04
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Botti on a Bach Reply with quote

trickg wrote:
cmanner wrote:
https://scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/242124352_2260209790788663_3588965155132483481_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=VAeL3p-etQYAX9Gpp2Y&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=405a93f89329d803a1452b5ce8ce23f8&oe=618E6FD3

Frankly, I'm much more interested in the IWC Big Pilot on his wrist.

The man makes music, and it's the music that's important - not the instrument he's using to achieve it.

I think one of the biggest misconceptions so many aspiring musicians have is thinking that they need to play the same instrument, or at the very least the same brand of instrument, as their favorite artist in order to achieve the sound they are going for, and they miss the fact that the instrument itself is just the tool - I doubt if other sculptors would have been successful with Michelangelo's chisels.
Googled IWC Big Pilot, damn. I'm still more interested in the trumpet though.

It's fun to hear the different sounds of great players on different horns. It's fun to see what they are enjoying and the slight differences that come along with playing different equipment. Of course great artists are going to sound like themselves, but there are little indicators that happen in the course of a performance that make you notice the small changes in equipment, and it's fun to listen to.
Jim19043
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Bach 19043 which I love, and which my teacher calls "a real keeper."
ECLtmpt2
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Botti on a Bach Reply with quote

trickg wrote:

Frankly, I'm much more interested in the IWC Big Pilot on his wrist.

Oh Yeah, another mechanical watch person! No need to look up anything, that is my second passion. I noticed that also. My box has over 1/2 dozen Swiss and other movements, including a nice JDM Seiko. ...this should really be on a 'watch you seek' type forum, apologies for the digression.

The heck with the horn, Botti is great on whatever he plays. (That's my opinion.) If he goes with Bach that's fine. I was never going to have a 40's Committee in that shape anyway but a Bach is in my ball-park or 'pitch' if that's accurate?. But it really doesn't matter, I'm never going to sound/play like Botti anyway.
Goby
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know there were watch enthusiasts on this forum! We need a thread for talking watches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: