• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cheap old rotary trumpets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beautgrainger147

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Cheap old rotary trumpets Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm a comeback player after a long time off.. never had any fantastic trumpets but the one I miss was a Lidl Rotary - so figured I'd find another to re-learn on..
This brought me to eBay and the many cheap old rotaries on eBay, which isn't exactly like searching for a vintage Conn or Olds (and finding a website listing all the vintage models).
I was quite happy with my old Lidl but for that low price point there a bunch of old forgotten names in various conditions.

Would something like a vintage Bohland and Fuchs, or a Richard Keilwerth be likely to outplay or outclass a Lidl? - thinking B & F made some decent mid-range piston models.

On edit: are there any best or worst periods for Lidl production? And if so, are they marked any differently etc?

Thank you,
Jonathan
beautgrainger147

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To wrap this one up, I finished up getting a Lidl, might be a L800.. seems like an older version of the current model, but my memory suggests it's a bit lighter than my last Lidl current-ish model.
Needs a bit of work but is doable and seems to play alright.

Jonathan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: