• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Edwards Valve Oil for X-13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickoak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject: Edwards Valve Oil for X-13 Reply with quote

Have any X-13 owners compared the Edwards valve oil that comes with the horn to other oils? If so, I'm curious what you found.

Thanks
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably works fine, but I didn't use it. I used Ultra Pure Ultra Light, and Monster Faster and they worked very well.
2many5s

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Edwards Valve Oil for X-13 Reply with quote

rickoak wrote:
Have any X-13 owners compared the Edwards valve oil that comes with the horn to other oils? If so, I'm curious what you found.

Thanks

I have used both Hetman and the Edwards oil, both worked great, those valves are so fast and smooth I didn't see any difference!
Rbmcneil

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayton wrote:
It probably works fine, but I didn't use it. I used Ultra Pure Ultra Light, and Monster Faster and they worked very well.

I just got my new horn and I am looking at oils to replace or upgrade from Superslick...Did you use the Ultra Light and Monster together or separately...Im so in the dark about the proper lubrication for my horns. Thanks...Bobby
austincustombrass
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the X13 we like UltraPure light and Hetman 1 (depending on the player's internal body chemistry and how it reacts to the oil application).

The newest re-design of UP light is so great I use it on all of my new instruments including my Getzen 800DLX cornet.

FWIW,
T

It's a shame how far this forum has fallen. If you need us call 816-410-0826 or email.

Cool Links here:
https://linktr.ee/austincustombrass
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: