• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Getzen Renaissance trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarmeloLabadie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject: Getzen Renaissance trumpet Reply with quote

Has anyone played the Getzen Renaissance trumpet? Wondering how it sounds and plays.
Andy Cooper
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the GT20 .464 large bore model. Open blowing, nice crisp attacks, good high register, not as bright as the .464 LB Eterna. From the player side, the feedback was not as complex sounding as say a Xeno. I found that desirable. Great valves - of course.

One of those trumpets I probably should not have sold.
JonathanM
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one for a brief period of time a few years back. Mine had a pretty heavy bell, as I recall, and also a tuneable slide. Very solid horn, a bit heavier bell than I liked, but I've always been drawn to a bright sound. I recall the basic craftsmanship of this model to have really impressed me.
A lot has changed, but here's a little Youtuve review I did of my Getzen Renaissance.
My comments at the time, and I'm not sure where I got my info (this was years ago) stated this: "A little show and tell about a super Getzen horn from the '90's; a Getzen Renaissance with tuneable bell. This particular horn is the 20MS-B9 model, from 1994. It is a .460/.464" dual bore, with first valve slide saddle, heavy wall model, with yellow brass tuneable bell and silverplate over this. These were designed in collaboration with Marvin Stamm back in approximately 1988. This model was made through 2001; in 2001 the MSRP on this trumpet was $2285. I think it's a great playing horn; hope you can find one!"

Link
[/i]
Puje: American Belle
Cornet: Olds Recording & Super
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: