• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

High note appreciation, Beatles tine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lionel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject: High note appreciation, Beatles tine Reply with quote

Certainly somebody besides me has noticed the High A natural (concert G pitch) just before the fade ending on,

"Got To Get You Into My Life", eh?

It was put, unfortunately into a fade ending. So that you don't hear much of it. Kind of a "one and done" and that's about it.

The lead player starts it out by holding his first ledger line A natural and slides straight up the octave with a fine sizzle that is slightly uncharacteristic of the musical style that these musicians were usually accustomed to. But heck, in either case they were breaking new ground in music. As I truly believe that this very song and to a certain extent "Penny Lane" inspired groups such as BS&T, Chicago and of course Chase.

I only spoke to Bill once. At his Andover, Massachusetts clinic/Concert 1972 and he stated that the "Beatles really inspired" him.

My guess is that the famous producer George Martin, sometimes called the "fifth Beatle" must have arranged the brass section on the described song. And this not the first time either. It was however a fascinating effect. My guess is that since it was a fade ending, that Martin had the trumpet hold his High A out a number of times but edited the extras out. Whomever he was? The trumpet had FINE chops. Perfect intonation, not even a mild waiver,

Hey, I dig it. And yet cutting it off after just the one screamer tends to give the song more poignance. So I think. Made me hungry for more.

Carl Spackler (aka Bill Murray, 1980).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: