• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

William Adam school video

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ttom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject: William Adam school video Reply with quote

I am new to the website, but have enjoyed reading the posts and learning/relearning these concepts. I was a student of Joe Phelps, and was fortunate enough to see Mr. Adam several times during my undergraduate degree from App State. I haven’t played on a regular basis for some time and have begun playing routine again on a much more consistent basis.

I watched the video that Karl Sievers did on the William Adam school and one of his comments really hit home for me. Mr. Adam and Mr. Phelps always said keep your head in the sound, which for me was the pitch of the note, which it is but….also the character of the sound, tone quality, etc. Having been away from the college environment I think I had forgotten some of these gems hidden in plain sight. That idea alone gave some improvements. I also that his explanation of “out front” was spot on. (I won’t try to cover it, I would suggest watching the video as I wouldn’t do it justice) As a comeback player this was a very good refresher on these concepts. He also mentioned that Mr. Adam liked the sound of Conrad Gozzo, whoa, that sound blew me away!

Anyway, thanks for all the helpful information, and thanks to Mr. Harbinson, Mr. Raymond, and Mr. Wing for putting examples of the routine online so we can listen and play along. It’s been great to play routine with them!

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Bill Adam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: