• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Pickett 3Vm. Thoughts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
herpderp
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Pickett 3Vm. Thoughts? Reply with quote

Haven't seen much conversation about this mouthpiece, but I wanted to give my 2 cents.

The rim is very comfortable, a bit more rounded that a 3c rim, can't explain it but this is a favorite rim of mine now.

The Vm cup is "shallow" but not in a way that makes it sound bad in the staff. In fact it is really easy to get a nice and mellow sound, and also facilitates my upper register a bit too.

Might not be the best cup for a symphony orchestra, but it sure works for me as a hobby comeback player trying to transcribe Chet Baker solos in my space bedroom.

Anyone else using these newer style Pickett Vm cup?
brassmoose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering this as my Pickett 3D is good but would like a less step cup & a tad more efficiency. How’s the rim? Any comparisons to Hammond S or Reeves M or Pickett 3DE?
Zack_Mac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 5Vm that I bought for piccolo since I was bottoming out on a 5E. I have a Pickett 3BC, 3C, 3CD and 3D as well as a few 2 rim cups. Pickett’s rim shape and contour is consistent throughout all their sizes and cup depths, unlike Bach where their 3C rim is significantly different than their 3B rim or a 1.5C, for example. I think if you like their 3Vm, but want to try something deeper, you won’t have to worry about the rim changing.
brassmoose

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zack_Mac wrote:
I have a 5Vm that I bought for piccolo since I was bottoming out on a 5E. I have a Pickett 3BC, 3C, 3CD and 3D as well as a few 2 rim cups. Pickett’s rim shape and contour is consistent throughout all their sizes and cup depths, unlike Bach where their 3C rim is significantly different than their 3B rim or a 1.5C, for example. I think if you like their 3Vm, but want to try something deeper, you won’t have to worry about the rim changing.

I haven’t tried the 3vm top yey but was wondering how V it is? Does it V close to the rim like Hammond or is there a little (or a lot) of undercut like a Marc E3 or Warburton SV? The 3D is a pretty sharp rim & wondering if the 3vm is less sharp…?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: