• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

2021 Stocking Stuffers for the trumpet player in your life

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basically Buzzed
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: 2021 Stocking Stuffers for the trumpet player in your life Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/9TRtOfB6kCI

2021 HOLIDAY STOCKING STUFFERS FOR THE TRUMPET PLAYER IN YOUR LIFE

As we head into the holiday season, I wanted to take a moment and say THANK YOU to everyone who has followed along and commented and asked questions over this last year. I truly appreciate all of the engagement!

There is a LOT in store for you over the next month and beyond! A couple more Chumov Etudes and a couple other etudes over the next few Fridays - THEN - Tim Saeger and I have partnered with Kyle Myers and several SoCal trumpet players to bring you four new holiday videos! These are fantastic arrangements and are sure to be a lot of fun to watch. We hope you’ll enjoy these festive videos!

Now for my stocking stuffer ideas for the trumpet player in your life…

In 2022, my plan is to release an etude video every other day of all 168 Mini Etudes by Phil Collins. Several months ago, Phil sent me his Mini Etudes and they have been a welcome addition to my daily routine. These etudes will challenge both the student and professional alike. These Mini Etudes are exactly that - mini. Covering all the different key signatures, styles and the range of the trumpet - these etudes are between 30 seconds and a minute and a half long! These Mini Etudes are perfect for working on specific aspects of trumpet playing without wasting chops on a 2 page etude. Professionals will enjoy playing through these as they are challenging, but not insurmountably so. Also - having the satisfaction of playing through an etude or two prior to a rehearsal without wasting chops should appeal to all of the pros out there!

If you are interested in purchasing this book and following along - or better yet learning these and playing along - or if you’re interested in any of Phil Collins’ other books, you can contact him via email at collinsnotes@earthlink.net or via Facebook Messenger.

Phil accepts PayPal at collinsnotes@earthlink.net. $20 per hard copy - $15 for pDF.

My other recommendation for a stocking stuffer this year is a practice mute made by Mark Hughes.

Several weeks ago, I went to Houston to get a little “Trumpet Tune-Up” and unbeknownst to me, Mark is making practice mutes. These mutes are made of a resin material and have two settings - softer or louder. While this practice mute is not the softest - I actually think that is what makes it incredibly versatile! I believe, in the right circumstances, this mute could double as a very soft straight mute. While putting more air into it - the mute stays soft, but BUZZY. Think the trumpet duet at the beginning of the Second Part of Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring or appeasing a finicky conductor who wants Debussy’s Fêtes as soft and distant as possible… just a few ideas.

Nonetheless - This practice mute has quickly become my favorite practice mute to warmup in each day. This mute is $40 and you can purchase it here on Mark’s website: https://markhughestrumpet.com/store/p/mute

Thank you again for following along. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and I look forward to many more opportunities to engage with you over the next year!

- Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Video/audio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: