• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Deck The Halls

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basically Buzzed
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Deck The Halls Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/guQu0JcI3CE

DECK THE HALLS arranged by Kyle Myers

A year ago, Tim Saeger and I were sitting in his backyard brainstorming ideas about holiday tunes and how the whole thing would work. We always THINK the biggest challenge will be finding arrangements or finding people to join us, but in reality - the biggest challenge is making sure Tim has enough time to edit the audio and videos.

With that in mind, along with not wanting to make those who joined us too stressed out trying to record during the holidays, and not making you, our online audience, listen to repeated choruses of the same tune - we asked Kyle Myers if he would arrange a few pieces in different styles for trumpet ensemble ... and keep the arrangements under two minutes.

We are so incredibly thankful Kyle agreed to this project and we think you are going to enjoy all of his arrangements over the next two weeks.

We start today with “Deck the Halls”... in a baroque style.

You may recognize a couple of these players as the “Ironmen of the Internet”. Combined, Jim Wilt and Jack Burt have recorded nearly 500 etude videos since mid-March!

Rich Werner and I played together in the Pacific Northwest Ballet Orchestra for two seasons and I’m so happy to be playing “together” again!

Adrian Griffin and I crossed paths on Facebook and I’m thrilled he has agreed to join us. If you haven’t yet, check out Adrian’s videos as well!

A huge thank you to Tim Saeger for editing and producing this video. We would be nowhere without all of your expertise, vision, and boundless energy for these projects.

We all thank you, our online audience, and appreciate you taking a listen. Please enjoy “Deck The Halls” arranged by Kyle Myers!

DECK THE HALLS
Piccolo 1 - Jim Wilt, Associate Principal Trumpet, LA Phil
Piccolo 2 - Christopher Smith, Principal Trumpet, San Diego Symphony
Trumpet 1 - Adrian Griffin, Principal Trumpet, Monterrey Symphony Orchestra
Trumpet 2 - Jack Burt, Professor of Trumpet, University of Maine
Trumpet 3 - Rich Werner, 2nd Trumpet, Pacific Northwest Ballet
Grits Burgh
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done. Thanks for posting.

Warm regards,
Grits
King Master Bb Cornet (1945)
B&S 3145 Challenger I Series Flugelhorn
Life is short; buy every horn you want and die happy.
Basically Buzzed
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grits Burgh wrote:
Nicely done. Thanks for posting.

Warm regards,
Grits

Thank you, Grits. We all appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment.

- Chris
tptptp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful! I love it!
Seymor B Fudd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Deck The Halls Reply with quote

Basically Buzzed wrote:

A year ago, Tim Saeger and I were sitting in his backyard brainstorming ideas about holiday tunes and how the whole thing would work. We always THINK the biggest challenge will be finding arrangements or finding people to join us, but in reality - the biggest challenge is making sure Tim has enough time to edit the audio and videos.

With that in mind, along with not wanting to make those who joined us too stressed out trying to record during the holidays, and not making you, our online audience, listen to repeated choruses of the same tune - we asked Kyle Myers if he would arrange a few pieces in different styles for trumpet ensemble ... and keep the arrangements under two minutes.

We are so incredibly thankful Kyle agreed to this project and we think you are going to enjoy all of his arrangements over the next two weeks.

You may recognize a couple of these players as the “Ironmen of the Internet”. Combined, Jim Wilt and Jack Burt have recorded nearly 500 etude videos since mid-March!

Rich Werner and I played together in the Pacific Northwest Ballet Orchestra for two seasons and I’m so happy to be playing “together” again!

Adrian Griffin and I crossed paths on Facebook and I’m thrilled he has agreed to join us. If you haven’t yet, check out Adrian’s videos as well!

A huge thank you to Tim Saeger for editing and producing this video. We would be nowhere without all of your expertise, vision, and boundless energy for these projects.

We all thank you, our online audience, and appreciate you taking a listen. Please enjoy “Deck The Halls” arranged by Kyle Myers!

DECK THE HALLS

Wow! Thanks for posting it! I immedately posted the link to my Brass Band!
Yamaha YCRD2330II
Yamaha YCR6330II
Getzen Eterna Eb
Trumpets:
Yamaha 6335 RC Schilke 14B
King Super 20 Symphony DB (1970)
Selmer Eb/D trumpet (1974)
Basically Buzzed
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Deck The Halls Reply with quote

Seymor B Fudd wrote:
Basically Buzzed wrote:

DECK THE HALLS

Wow! Thanks for posting it! I immedately posted the link to my Brass Band!

Thank you for sharing - we all appreciate it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Video/audio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: