• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

How much for church gigs $

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJceltics33
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject: How much for church gigs $ Reply with quote

How much are you getting paid fir your Christmas gigs?
Gottfried Reiche
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be an interesting thread, I think, for the following reasons.
1) How many folks will be willing to share how much they make on gigs?
2) Various locales
3) Various levels of performance

I won't share exact numbers, but I'm fortunate. I live in a large city with a lot of work, and a lot of really great players. I also happen to play with the orchestra here, so I think that automatically gets me a lot of calls. December is extremely busy for me, and outside of my contract with the orchestra, I pulled in well into 5 digits worth of gigs this year.

If you are talking about Christmas Eve and Christmas Day specifically, I'll share that. 5 services, $2500 total.

GR
Grits Burgh
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a complete amateur. I played a Christmas Eve and Christmas morning worship service. $0.00 received for services rendered - and I was worth every penny of it.

Warm regards,
Grits
King Master Bb Cornet (1945)
B&S 3145 Challenger I Series Flugelhorn
Life is short; buy every horn you want and die happy.
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject: how much are you getting for your church gigs? Reply with quote

I sure don't believe people shouldn't be paid for their work. All the years and times I played in church from sunday's to many weddings, an occasional community Christmas thing and once or twice playing trumpet with selectons from the Messiah I never got a cent. It's OK as they were all rich experiences. I got wedding gifts for playing like tie tac, cufflinks, etc. I sure think you people who prepare and then put on miles getting back and forth deserve to be paid. My first experience around Christmas was in my Missouri Synod Lutheran church at 13 or 14. I think it was Christmas but being older it could have been a "Men in Black" convention as that was the suit of choice in the sixties, LOL. Ahh what memories.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: