• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Great Service From Schilke

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patdublc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:21 am    Post subject: Great Service From Schilke Reply with quote

We have several great USA based companies making great products and providing great service. This particular post is to recognize Schilke for some work they recently did for me.

At the Harrisburg ITG conference, I bought a Schilke S43HDL-F Faddis Model through Lee Walkowich at Washington Music. Jon was hanging around and was quite happy to know that I was buying the horn.

A few months back, I took it out of the case and the fixed bell brace had popped loose from both solders. I was quite confident that I had not over-tightened the adjustable brace so I contacted Schilke. They reviewed some pictures and could not come up with any theory other than I must have over-tightened the adjustable brace.

They suggested having any qualified repair tech solder the brace back in place. But, I wanted them to see the horn so I shipped it to them instead. They looked at it and still did not have any other theory than it being my mistake. Please note that this entire conversation was very professional and, at no point, was there any finger pointing.

Schilke repaired the horn, polished and serviced it, and shipped it back to me in good as new condition.

This is an example of great customer service. I would like to make a special shout out to Bennett Heinz for coordinating the effort and providing excellent communications.
cgaiii
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people at Schilke are first rate. Any time you contact them, even about used horns you have bought, just for information or for product modification, they are professional, detailed and helpful.
Bb Bugle: Kanstul
Bb Pocket: Manchester Brass
Flugel: Taylor Standard
Bass Trumpet: BAC Custom
Natural Tr: Custom Haas replica by Nikolai Mänttäri Morales
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: