• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

JP by Taylor?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kennyg2019
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject: JP by Taylor? Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this horn?

Is it any good?

Thanks,

Ken
gregplo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The JP by Taylor is a very decent horn for the money. It has a Taylor leadpipe, and many design elements of the Taylor horns. I saw in another post that you currently have a CG Benge, which is a lighter weight horn. The JP by Taylor is quite heavy in comparison, and will play quite differently. It will play darker than the Benge, and it is a .460 bore horn, so it will play with more resistance than the CG Benge. Some things to keep in mind.
P. Mauriat PMT-75 (Ti/Copper)
Conn 61B
Benge 90B
Conn 80B LB
CarolBrass Arturo Sandoval Pocket Trumpet
CarolBrass CFL-620R
Getzen CB 610

Remember...when He returns, the trumpet shall sound....
Kennyg2019
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregplo wrote:
The JP by Taylor is a very decent horn for the money. It has a Taylor leadpipe, and many design elements of the Taylor horns. I saw in another post that you currently have a CG Benge, which is a lighter weight horn. The JP by Taylor is quite heavy in comparison, and will play quite differently. It will play darker than the Benge, and it is a .460 bore horn, so it will play with more resistance than the CG Benge. Some things to keep in mind.

Thanks, Greg. I heard some demos on YouTube and liked the sound. I’m awaiting my ‘new’ CG. I loved its lightweight in marching band. I’m worried about the weight of the JP…and, now, the resistance. The Benge was super easy to play, although I had a lot of problems with the intonation/slotting. We shall see. I can’t even produce a decent lip buzz at the moment. 😂
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: