• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Brasspire - Quality

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rmc61

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject: Brasspire - Quality Reply with quote

Hello all,

Can anyone give me an opinion on Brasspire trumpets quality? All help will be appreciated

RC
trickg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Brasspire - Quality Reply with quote

Rmc61 wrote:
Hello all,

Can anyone give me an opinion on Brasspire trumpets quality? All help will be appreciated

RC

I have the Brasspire Unicorn C trumpet. I bought it to use in an Annopolis area regional orchestra.

The fit and finish are acceptable, and so far I have zero complaints. It plays well, it sounds great, and IMO was a solid purchase.

One thing I did do - I swapped the valve buttons with the buttons off of a Yamaha Xeno Bb that I have - I didn't particularly care for those.

My thought is that the Unicorn C is probably a clone of a Yamaha model - which model I'm not sure, but it punches above its weight IMO.
- ACB Doubler

"95% of the average 'weekend warrior's' problems will be solved by an additional 30 minutes of insightful practice." - PLP
HillBilly Joe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned both the 923 LTS and the 933 flugel. they were some of my favorite horns ever. A friend bought the 923 off of me and still plays it on his gigs. The flugel was heavy for me (bad shoulder) so I had to off load it for a lighter one, but brasspire is 100% as good as the big boys for quality on their pro lines.
Manchester Brass Pocket Trumpet
GR 62Z**, ACB TAZF
bagmangood
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brasspire has a couple of different options at different price points.

The cheapest line (can't remember the name) still had pretty consistent quality control. As you went up in the prices you got to some Very Nice horns.

When I worked at ACB, we had someone trade in their Bach C for a Brasspire Unicorn C (might have been with an ACB leadpipe) because it was more in tune and easier to play for his needs (handful of times a year).
Dennis78
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own the Brasspire Unicorn cornet. It’s an ok cornet. I’d put it on the level of just about every other decent Chinese instrument I’ve played. I feel for what it is, I over paid by about $400.
Fit and finish at ok. Valves have been trouble free (using Hetmans 2).
If I had to do it again I think I would have bought the Besson 1000 series. Much much nicer
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm presently selling an early Brasspire Unicorn 900 series model in the Marketplace...having to thin the herd. I have pics and a video posted there. I think they are great horns. I write: "The valves are buttery smooth and lightning fast, even after me letting the horn sit for months without playing. Same with the slides."

I got this horn from a collector, who had over 70 horns a few years ago, but has now sold most all of them to clean house and make his wife happy. He told me that this was "the best in-tune trumpet" he had ever played! Every time I blow on it, I have to agree with that statement. The pitch centering is absolutely incredible...in all registers...and with shallow to deep mouthpieces. It's kind of freaky, actually. You play, say, a leap from one note into a normally problematic note, and you auto-adjust to where you anticipate, and it turns out that you can relax and not make those little tweaks. The tonal profile is a little darker when played softly than my need in the pit, which is where I mainly play Bb tpt (musicals). If I was a jazz soloist or playing in a combo, I would not hesitate to use it. It sounds just as brilliant as any other commercial tpt when played forte and louder. The response is also freaky impeccable. It responds with the slightest puff of air...for me, anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: