• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Suggestion: Sub-forum Dedicated for Trumpet in Creative Work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olijo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:34 pm    Post subject: Suggestion: Sub-forum Dedicated for Trumpet in Creative Work Reply with quote

Hello!

I have a suggestion for improving trumpetherald. I'm quite new here, so forgive me if this already exists, or if there's definitely no need for this.

My suggestion is a sub-forum for trumpet in creative work. It could include discussion about topics like this:

-Composing melodies for trumpet, and trumpet's role in compositions in general
-The role of trumpet in compositions of different genres
-Recording trumpet: tips & tricks etc.
-Mixing/mastering trumpet sound
-New ideas and creative ways to use trumpet in recordings (e.g. using effect pedals on trumpet sound)
-Recordings/compositions played or made by trumpetherald members.
-Asking/giving help or feedback for compositions/recordings.
-Composing trumpet parts as a member of a band (or improvising with a band)
-Real trumpet vs. Synthesizers / virtual instruments mimicing trumpet.
-Other topics about trumpet from the point of view of someone who is not just practicing and performing songs made by others, but making or recording songs or arranging them oneself.

I produce music myself, and I wonder if there's lot of others here who either compose or produce or do something creative with their horn. Please let me know what you think about this suggestion, and whether you think it's a good/bad idea.
Olijo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot one:
-Analyzing existing songs/recordings from a creative point of view (e.g. analyzing what makes a good trumpet solo in an existing song, and putting that theoretic knowledge into practice).
JayKosta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know whether the forum owner / moderators would allow it, but you could start a new thread in the FUNDAMENTALS section about a topic that you feel might be of interest to the members here.

If the topic does attract interest and discussion, that would indicate that there might be justification for a separate section of the type you mentioned.

Are there other websites that have discussions about those topics?
Oh ya, watch the conductor - they set what is 'on time'.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be fine if I was mistaken, but I don't think the problem is lack of proper sub-forums, it's lack of interest.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn

Last edited by kehaulani on Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been some, I would say quite a bit, of discussion of recording, mics for recording, recording devices and use of effects in the toys forum over the years.

And there is the videos forum to post recordings/compositions played or made by TH members. One thing to keep in mind is that this forum doesn’t provide storage for photos or recordings, hence the use of YouTube videos in the video forum.

I believe I understand what you are asking for and why. I can also understand that some people might find the discussions enlightening and informative, but I wonder how many members would contribute.

Now is probably a good time to ask since Todd the owner is working on upgrading the site from this outdated phpBB software.

One forum I have always thought would be worthwhile that has been suggested a couple of times is a dedicated repair forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comments and Suggestions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: