• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Which Cornet would you pick?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajwan wrote:
zaferis wrote:
I would play them all and decide which one I like the tone, intonation, and playabilty of the most...

However, I hold the Getzen Eterna's with a high regard - very hard to go wrong with these. I don't like Yamaha's in general, and the Bessons have a rep for intonation and valve issues - so FOR ME an easy choice of this set..
There are other solid cornets out there, I wouldn't necessarily limit my choices to this 5.
And best to always play the particular instrument you're buying before you buy - there is always a bit of variance from instrument to instrument.

Can you please expand on what you know re Besson Sovereign intonation and valve issues? If I'm correct, the Sovereigns are made in Germany these days. Thanks!

The G harmonic atop the staff tends to sit just a shade sharp, a bigger deal is made of it than absolutely necessary (some "lottery period" ones were really bad for it, on most it's a pretty minor thing).

IIRC the valves now are B&S blocks? Would make sense as Buffet-Crampon owns both brands (and the more than passing resemblence of another Besson model to one that used to be made by another B-C brand might suggest sharing occurs) - decent enough valves without being anything special IMHO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: