• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

BRAHMS 13 Canons for Female Voices - transcribed for Trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basically Buzzed
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject: BRAHMS 13 Canons for Female Voices - transcribed for Trumpet Reply with quote

BRAHMS 13 Kanons für Frauenstimmen (Canons for Female Voices)

https://youtu.be/zBJ6FJ2HgV4

Two years ago - in the VERY early days of the pandemic - I had nowhere to practice… and really nothing to practice.

The “where” to practice eventually took care of itself in the form of going to the basement level of my garage late at night when I wouldn’t disturb anyone.

The “what” to practice - at first - was a bit more challenging as there were no scheduled performances for the foreseeable future and I don’t enjoy practicing without a goal.

I knew that recording some etudes would be part of what I would do, but I also wanted to try my hand at recording multi-trumpet tracks and video.

I needed something relatively easy to start off with - and with some searching online - I settled on these 13 Canons for Female Voices by Johannes Brahms.

Each night for two weeks straight, I went to my basement garage and recorded all the parts to a canon. The real trick wasn’t so much about the trumpet playing, but rather getting clean takes in between cars driving by as people came home for the night!

Though written for female voices, these all work quite well on the trumpet. I could see any number of uses for these canons and I hope these can find their way into regular performance.

Thank you for taking a listen and I hope you enjoy my very early attempts to record myself on these 13 Canons for Female Voices by Johannes Brahms.

- Chris
Seymor B Fudd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting: What a lovely performance! rich full warm sound, the notes so tenderly treated, dolce! Singing quality throughout!
And the genial choice of "hall"!
A hallmark of excellence!
Yamaha YCRD2330II
Yamaha YCR6330II
Getzen Eterna Eb
Trumpets:
Yamaha 6335 RC Schilke 14B
King Super 20 Symphony DB (1970)
Selmer Eb/D trumpet (1974)
Basically Buzzed
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seymor B Fudd wrote:
Thanks for posting: What a lovely performance! rich full warm sound, the notes so tenderly treated, dolce! Singing quality throughout!
And the genial choice of "hall"!
A hallmark of excellence!

Thank you, Seymor. I appreciate your kind words. Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment.

- Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Video/audio All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: