• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Martin Bohme Tumultus Bb Trumpet

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericmpena
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1957Tim wrote:
Hi ericmpena,

I enjoyed the video of the trumpet unveiling. I bet your heart rate picked up a bit when that box was delivered. I’m happy for you my friend; your trumpet is indeed a beautiful instrument. It’s also nice to have a horn that plays as good as it looks.

On another note, the guy who played the Edwards X-13 in the trumpet choir I was a part of had finish issues with his horn as well. I encouraged him to contact the company as they have a great reputation of standing behind their products, but the last I knew he hadn’t done so. He transferred to another school, so I haven’t seen him for several years. I think finish problems on lacquered horns is not an uncommon problem. Hopefully yours will look new again when you get it back, and then you will have two awesome horns to play.

Be blessed,

-1957Tim

Thanks, Tim!
I was happy to find out that Getzen/Edwards warranties their lacquer finish for 3 years from purchase date. I actually was going to just wait it out and send the horn back after a few years, but TBH I might just go up for sale now that I have the Thane Performance. I’m still undecided on that though.
bbodine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject: Tumultus Reply with quote

Hey Guys (and girls)

I have the pleasure of owning a new Tumultus and can verify that it is an extremely good horn. It plays the most in-tune of any horn I've owned.
The sound is fat but can easily be pushed to bright. Overall an absolutely HUGE sound. Slots like made. Truly exceptional craftsmanship and finish.
I will warn that this horn isn't a laser. I use it in smaller groups (8 pc) or legit settings where you don't need to blast over the bones and saxes. It can do it...but it takes a LOT of grunt. I plan to mouthpiece it dark for jazz quintet work. highly recommended.

thx
Bill Bodine
Los Angeles
Charles Davis 3/9
Tumultus
bbodine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:10 pm    Post subject: a Tumultus, an Estrema and a CD Copper3/9 walk into a bar Reply with quote

I have on loan an AR Estrema. I am comparing it to my new Tumultus (Bohme) and my fairly new Charles Davis 3/9 w Copper bell. (I'd add a pic but can't figure out how.) Interesting comparison
PLAYABILITY: The Charles Davis#3 bell is 5" so it plays with trpt - like resistance. It is a focused sound so you don't feel that you have to work harder than usual. IT slots great and plays well in tune.
The Tumultus5 1/4" bell is a more open blow. This horn slots like MAD! And VERY in tune! Less focused sound so I don't like it on loud gigs (big band or R&B) even w a mic cause I (and surrounding players) can't hear it as well.
AR Estrema 5 3/4" bell blows similar to the Tumultus. I'll play it on a quintet gig tomorrow for more info.
SOUND Let me preface by saying I am seeking a phat (fat) trumpet sound..not a flugel. I recorded all 3 and listened back.
The Biggest, fattest sound of the 3 is the Tumultus. The Charles Davis and AR sound surprisingly close.
SUMMATION I gotta have both the Tumultus and the CD 3/9 copper. [/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: