• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet and Monette B4S3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALETRUMPET

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject: Trumpet and Monette B4S3 Reply with quote

I'm careful to ask questions. A lot of people are touchy in this forum. May I know, who uses a Monette B4S3, which trumpet do you use this mouthpiece with?
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a B4S3 for a while on a Shires AF and a Bach 19037.
jazztrum

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played on some variation of an old B4 or the newer B4S3 since 1995. In the 90's I was playing a Callet Jazz and Superchops horn. The mpc, for me, really helped the intonation of both horns. Through 2000-2012 I played a Lawler, actually many Lawler's. I have also had 2 Monette instruments. I just sold the B4 last year A B993 and a P4. I played the B4S3 in both. Today I play a copy of the B4S3 rim in Delrin. For me, the flatter rim profile simply works. I know many have issues with that aspect.
Jaw04
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used a B4S on and off for 10 years with a 8310Z. It is more comfortable for me than the B4 rim.
Subtropical and Subpar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Monettes - and other brands! - but not the B4, unfortunately. B2 and B11 get heavy use on the Bach, Kanstul, and Reynolds in my profile, and another B11 is my go-to mouthpiece on my cornet. But in my rotation I also have some ACBs, a Pickett, a Bach, a Yammie, and use Currys on my flugelhorn. All have their intended purposes. Generally speaking, I do like the Monettes best, but I am perfectly satisfied with the other mouthpieces I use and see zero need to shift all of my mouthpieces to Monette. I've also never tried a Resonance, or Unity mouthpiece. My B11s are in the STC blank and the B2 is in a more slender blank, but not the XLT.

All three Monettes are sufficiently old that they don't give additional numbers or letters, sad to say.
1962 Reynolds Argenta LB
1965 Conn Connstellation 38A cornet
1995 Bach LR18072
2003 Kanstul 991
2011 Schilke P5-4 B/G
2021 Manchester Brass flugel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: